IBM Cognos 8.4.1 - A user review
On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend IBM Cognos Report Studio if asked by a colleague? What advice would you have for that colleague?
Please provide some examples of things that IBM Cognos Report Studio does particularly well.
- There are a variety of formats available for producing data (HTML, PDF, Excel (several versions), .csv, XML.
- They have a very good method of report scheduling and email delivery. You can set a report up on a schedule to be delivered, then forget about it. It takes care of itself.
- You can access SQL views and queries within Cognos Report Studio to report on fields that may or may not be available in the provided packages.
Please provide some examples of areas where IBM Cognos Report Studio has room for improvement.
- There are some ineffeciencies when creating reports, such data grouping. You have to click and group each data column separately.
- The security features tend to slow processing times down significantly. However these features may only be an issue due to our SAS provider controlling them. May not be an issue if you own the Cognos software.
What positive or negative impact (i.e. Return on Investment or ROI) has IBM Cognos Report Studio had on your overall business objectives?