Google searches for “Marketing Automation” have increased by about 50% in the last year, and the evaluation frequency of Marketing Automation software products on TrustRadius increased 25% from Q2-Q3. But just how much are companies spending on marketing automation software and to what degree are its features being put to work?
TrustRadius recently completed a survey of Marketing Automation users across small businesses, mid-sized companies and large enterprises to answer these two questions.
- Annual software expenditure aligns with company size. For example,
- 65% of small businesses spend less than $12,000 per year.
- 86% of very large enterprises (>5,000 employees) spend more than $60,000.
- Annual software expenditure also aligns to database size, which is correlated to company size.
- Core marketing automation features like email marketing and email management, landing page creation and customization, lead management and scoring, and reporting and analytics, are used widely across companies of all sizes.
- The use of lead management and scoring functionality is, however, more prevalent in very large companies with more than 5,000 employees.
Read the Report
Interested in other insights from our survey? We’re publishing our findings via SlideShare (click here): TrustRadius Marketing Automation Survey Results 2014. As always, we at TrustRadius look forward to any and all feedback from our community. Please let me know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.