Likelihood to Recommend
I run five websites off of 1&1 for different outshoots of the company. For our web needs it works perfectly. We have a midgrade hosting package and it works perfectly. I know if issues arose from traffic or storage space 1&1 would have a solution for us.
I've seen Google Domains work perfectly and perform well for companies of 10 - 100 people, or it is good for just the executive tier of a larger organization to use. There are so many integrations you can run with Google Domains - Salesforce, Zendesk - half of the ROI is the ease of use of Google Domains, the other half is that just about every company has an integration that can run with it.
- Their uptime is outstanding.
- They have great customer support with real people.
- They have all the technologies available I need to run my website.
- Their dashboard is easy to use.
- Google Domains shows you clearly when the domain expires, however, when it is auto-renewed, all you see is a circle of two arrows. I would to either hover and it tell me when it is renewing or have the date and stating Auto Renewal.
- It is still in Beta. They could kill the project, which is an uncomfortable thought. I would like them to take it out of Beta.
- Email and MX records I have had to get support with several times. It would be great if there was a link right at the bottom or top of the dashboard for a tutorial with the information to put into the records correctly. It would save a lot of time and research.
Likelihood to Renew
I didn't do a ton of research into the differences between the two, but Google Domains was a lot more simple and straightforward to set up. They also have a cheaper price and provided some services to walk you through setting it up much more quickly and logically. GoDaddy's service and platform starts to feel out dated.
Return on Investment
- It allowed us to have a clean URL that our audience could easily remember and navigate to.
- Because our URL was easy to remember, this caused an increase in website visits and products purchased.
- We were also able to take advantage of design space because our URL was able to be much shorter. We also could purchase different .org and .co so if people happened to put in the wrong ending to their URL, they would be redirected.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?