Likelihood to Recommend
I run five websites off of 1&1 for different outshoots of the company. For our web needs it works perfectly. We have a midgrade hosting package and it works perfectly. I know if issues arose from traffic or storage space 1&1 would have a solution for us.
Single domain users and small businesses, yes. Great for those just needing one domain and an easy interface to build or buy their website. For those with a bunch of domain names to house them all, Google Domains isn’t the place for you. They are lacking in the bulking capabilities that GoDaddy and HostGator provide.
- Their uptime is outstanding.
- They have great customer support with real people.
- They have all the technologies available I need to run my website.
- Their dashboard is easy to use.
- Process of buying a domain with Google Domains is easy
- Payment was simple - can use Google Wallet and other forms of payment.
- After purchase, you can quickly build a website with one of their partners.
- Email forwarding add-on for free.
- Google Domains' first level support is self-help online support. 24/7 online chat support is also available. This support is for 'experienced' users
- Making recorded video tutorial available for the various features would be helpful to novice users
Likelihood to Renew
I've used GoDaddy for many years, but the user interface is very complex and confusing. It also feels quite outdated in many areas. They have started to modernize some parts of their app, but the general user experience is not great. There is a significant push to advertise and push products in GoDaddy. These ads are often not subtle at all and can be quite annoying and distracting from what you are trying to accomplish. Google Domains' interface is much cleaner, more modern, and streamlined. Of course that means that it has fewer bells and whistles that are only useful to a small audience.
Return on Investment
- Simple interface that saves me time and frustration.
- Integrated with existing Google accounts to provide 2FA and other security features and avoid the need to create another account.
- Free private domain registrations save me $100+ per year.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?