<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.3 out of 101
Based on 368 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
The software is excellent for any application which is too large for Excel. The visual interface surpasses that of most SQL platforms. It is quite useful for data mining in an exploratory way but less useful in statistical and regression analysis.
Many developers who are not familiar with dictionary views find SQL Developer a nice GUI to access DB objects. In addition to DBConsole and command lines, DBAs now have one more interface to manage jobs, reports, configurations. SQL Developer is free, which is a great benefit comparing with some other client tools. I use command line most of the time, which I am used to, and it gives nice display of execution plans.
Engineer in Information TechnologyStaffing and Recruiting Company, 10,001+ employees
- Crunches huge datasets
- Has versatility in functionality and grouping capabilities
- Native XML macro language is easy to master
- The platform has great visualization tools
- Easy to use, even if someone not worked in past with it and have experience using some other tool like TOAD. It's easy to work with it.
- It's connectivity and features with Oracle database is added advantage for users like monitoring SQLs, sessions and data modeling.
- Getting details about existing objects with their scripts and data. Its portability into different file system like Excel, text etc.
- Its connectivity to other databases and use of specific functions from it. Example: DB2.
- Running many SQLs in parallel from a number of open SQL sheets. TOAD has this feature, very useful to toggle between different tabs.
While we have used SQL, 1010data is really the only industry standard product available for our use.
Have not considered using an alternative for this exact use, as we only use Oracle Databases for other Oracle products, for which it makes total sense to use other Oracle products, as they connect very well with one another.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- This has sped up the process of analysis.
- We can now automate process which were performed manually.
- Analysis can be performed more frequently.
- For developers who are not trained as seasoned DBAs, Oracle SQL Developer is an ideal tool for accessing underlying database tables.
- With the right permissions and access control, you can even create database triggers and Stored Procedures.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?