Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
Great a small to medium business who wants to offer recurring services and needs a way to manage and track customer behavior, and run it through a high quality trusted gateway.
Pure Web ServicesMarketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- Automated dunning. On failed payments, Chargebee smartly attempts to collect the payment at a future date.
- Support: the support staff at Chargebee has been very helpful and taken care of the few headaches we've had, for us.
- Automated request for payment information updates. This is a small but mighty feature. What used to be a long thread of emails is now a simple one-click automated solution.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
- Pricing: it feels a bit expensive to me, especially now that Stripe has released a similar set of tools for free. They'll have to step up their feature set a bit to stay on top.
- Interface design. It is fine but feels a little clunky.
I used to sell my software on Avangate and PayPal at the same time. Costs were very similar but I decided to abandon PayPal because it sometimes required human interventions. I also checked DigitalRiver, but it wasn't easy to setup and I never completed all requirements.
Chargebee's price per feature set beat out Recurly, it's the closest competitor that we evaluated. Its automated subscription billing was a core feature over Xero (our accounting and invoicing system, which we still use in tandem with Chargebee). Stripe's new features that just came on the market would beat out Chargebee if we were starting from scratch at the moment, but migrating hundreds of subscriptions is currently a no-go for us.
Return on Investment
- 2Checkout charges you for every sale. It does not have other costs that can affect your finances.
- 2Checkout has two plans for software companies. Make sure to select the one that is right for you or you will find yourself paying a high commission.
- A massive time saver. Resulting in more time spent on billable work.
- Better communication with clients. Timely notifications of payments due, etc.
- Automated payment collection for both subscriptions and invoices.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
2Checkout Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing DetailsGrowth Edition: 3.99% + $1 / per transaction fee Standard Edition: 4.9% + $2.50 / per transaction fee Enterprise Edition: Custom Tailored (Contact for Pricing)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Chargebee Editions & Modules
Launch Plan (Free tier from Beta to Growth Stage - $50k aggregate revenue free)
2. per month