Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
If you are a small startup, likely to be charging only in one currency, then Chargify will likely be suitable for you, as it was for us when we first started. However, as you expand and need to charge in additional currencies and require good reporting, you might find Chargify becomes more cumbersome. You do get a very stable and reliable billing platform with Chargify. I can't recall any downtime dues to issues. In the last 5 years, there have been only been 2 times where the app was down, both for scheduled maintenance. The communication leading up to the downtime was excellent, the app was up and running well within the maintenance window and everything kept functioning smoothly afterward.
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- Chargify's API is solid and easy to use, including JSON and XML interfaces.
- Chargify's customer service is responsive and thorough; always making sure your needs as a customer are met.
- Chargify listens to its customer base and their suggestions for feature enhancements.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
Likelihood to Renew
I used to sell my software on Avangate and PayPal at the same time. Costs were very similar but I decided to abandon PayPal because it sometimes required human interventions. I also checked DigitalRiver, but it wasn't easy to setup and I never completed all requirements.
Return on Investment
- Conversion rate has grown up since we started using Avangate Digital Commerce
- Refund rate has descreased also
- Increased customer service efficiency, allowing automation of tasks which were previously manual.
- Using the web-hooks many back end processes are fully automated which were manual processes.
- Single interface for multiple country payment systems.
- Faster provisioning of new products and plans.
- Ability to use coupons to have special promotions.
- Better quality tax invoices for customers.
- Ability for customer to self-update card details.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details2SELL - 3.5% + 0.30 EUR per successful sale 2SUBSCRIBE - 4.5% + 0.40 EUR per successful sale 2MONETIZE - 6.0% + 0.50 EUR per successful sale
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?