Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
Chief Technical Officer
MaxprogramsComputer Software, 1-10 employees
If you are a small startup, likely to be charging only in one currency, then Chargify will likely be suitable for you, as it was for us when we first started. However, as you expand and need to charge in additional currencies and require good reporting, you might find Chargify becomes more cumbersome. You do get a very stable and reliable billing platform with Chargify. I can't recall any downtime dues to issues. In the last 5 years, there have been only been 2 times where the app was down, both for scheduled maintenance. The communication leading up to the downtime was excellent, the app was up and running well within the maintenance window and everything kept functioning smoothly afterward.
- Chargify's API is solid and easy to use, including JSON and XML interfaces.
- Chargify's customer service is responsive and thorough; always making sure your needs as a customer are met.
- Chargify listens to its customer base and their suggestions for feature enhancements.
- Local payments methods are an area for improvement. Not all are connected so far.
- Bulk updates for catalogs are missing at the moment, to be added in upcoming releases I hope.
- Chargify's dashboard could use some additional reporting features.
- Chargify's pricing model is fair, but could be more competitive with similar services in the same market niche.
- Chargify's service is not well-tuned for one-time charges. It would be beneficial to most vendors if one API could handle both without requiring a workaround for one-time payments.
Likelihood to Renew
Return on Investment
- Conversion rate has grown up since we started using Avangate Digital Commerce
- Refund rate has descreased also
- Limitations in Chargify's invoicing capability has resulted in our finance team having to manually send invoices from our accounting system. This has resulted in 10-15 hours a week of resource wasted on something that Chargify should automatically do. If this isn't addressed, then the wasted time will increase as we scale.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing DetailsGrowth Edition: 3.99% + $1 / per transaction fee Standard Edition: 4.9% + $2.50 / per transaction fee Enterprise Edition: Custom Tailored (Contact for Pricing)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?