<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.6 out of 101
Based on 8 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
I would avoid [it] for any subscription management. Personally, we had a torrid experience with the product and company. The platform is dated and feels like an afterthought or a sideline project for Pape Ventures. They certainly don’t invest any time in developing the product and it feels like there is a real ‘Can’t do’ attitude from the management.
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- I get my payments via a Payoneer credit card. Sometimes I would prefer to receive a wire transfer instead but it is not so easy to switch payment methods.
- Payment checking and purchase confirmation take about 10 minutes. It is not too much but for clients, it seems an eternity.
- Failed to deliver on promises.
- Auto renew function never worked from the start.
- Facebook Pixel Tracking never worked.
- Support failed to return calls.
- Support failed to return emails.
- Generally ignored.
- It ended up costing us double. I had to waste time chasing them to deliver on a product that never worked.
- Feels like a side project or afterthought.
- No new development time.
- Feels like it has been mothballed.
I used to sell my software on Avangate and PayPal at the same time. Costs were very similar but I decided to abandon PayPal because it sometimes required human interventions. I also checked DigitalRiver, but it wasn't easy to setup and I never completed all requirements.
Return on Investment
- 2Checkout charges you for every sale. It does not have other costs that can affect your finances.
- 2Checkout has two plans for software companies. Make sure to select the one that is right for you or you will find yourself paying a high commission.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?