Likelihood to Recommend
2Checkout is great when you sell software licenses online or when you offer SaaS subscriptions. I don't think it can work in other scenarios.
I would avoid [it] for any subscription management. Personally, we had a torrid experience with the product and company. The platform is dated and feels like an afterthought or a sideline project for Pape Ventures. They certainly don’t invest any time in developing the product and it feels like there is a real ‘Can’t do’ attitude from the management.
- 2Checkout handles credit cards that I would not be able to accept from my country.
- Fraud prevention works. They saved me a couple of times and I appreciate that.
- I always received my payments on time. I never had to complain.
- Local payments methods are an area for improvement. Not all are connected so far.
- Bulk updates for catalogs are missing at the moment, to be added in upcoming releases I hope.
- Failed to deliver on promises.
- Auto renew function never worked from the start.
- Facebook Pixel Tracking never worked.
- Support failed to return calls.
- Support failed to return emails.
- Generally ignored.
- It ended up costing us double. I had to waste time chasing them to deliver on a product that never worked.
- Feels like a side project or afterthought.
- No new development time.
- Feels like it has been mothballed.
Return on Investment
- Conversion rate has grown up since we started using Avangate Digital Commerce
- Refund rate has descreased also
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?