Likelihood to Recommend
In many scenarios decision is driven by budget and compared to other solutions at the time of purchase [3CX] was simply the cheapest solution for what it has to offer. If you are looking for integrations, extensibility, and advanced functionalities, this might not be a solution for you. At the time of use (and this may have changed by now), there was a lack of APIs, CLI commands, and similar so nothing could be automated with the system. There are ways of importing data through CSV but automation would solve us so much time and support calls if we were able to connect with other systems.
Administrator in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 201-500 employees
This is a perfect tool to help you save time with repetitive tasks, enhance customer experience. As long as you use Facebook Page or Website, BotStar is suitable for developing your business or project.While it is possible to create chatbots that can speak more naturally, it will require some programming knowledge as well as time to develop.
- Simplicity: Using a single 3CX interface we can manage every phone and extension used throughout our company.
- Flexibility: There are a wide variety of options to configure each extension and phone. Changing anything after the hardware is deployed is very easy.
- Portability: Phones with 3CX can be easily moved or repurposed within an office or at remote locations, including users' homes. The mobile app allows users to use their office extension anywhere without exposing their cell number.
Manager in Information TechnologyRestaurants Company, 501-1000 employees
- First of all, the design, as well as the ease of use, are definitely the biggest strengths of this platform. The drag and drop feature allows me to design the flow quite conveniently.
- Second, the step-by-step video, documented tutorials are simple and only took about 5-10 minutes.
- Third, BotStar created the feature which allows me to update CMS data automatically with CSV files.
- The set up can seem a little daunting, especially if you plan to take it on internally.
- The apps are great, having your extension on your device is great but the desktop/windows app is a little dated, could do with an update.
- BotStar updates regularly, but sometime it come with small bugs.
- Should consider update Smart delay feature.
- BotStar has lots of tools and integrations, so it would be great to have more documents or a place for people to share their ideas with those tools.
Based on 1 answer
It's been doing really good job for us. Are there better PBX systems out there? For sure there are, with more features and better support. But those are way more expensive and harder to implement and maintain. This system is almost no brainier, next -> next -> next -> finish and you have installed it. With a few more configs to hook it up to your SIP or PRI lines, you are up and running! Everything is GUI based so it's easy to navigate. It have everything you need to run serious call centre so I would recommend it for anyone unless you are Fortune 500 company with billions of budget for IT, then spend the big money and go with Cisco PBX.
Manager in Information TechnologyAutomotive Company, 201-500 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 5 answers
The 3CX Phone System is only a five because while they provide set-up/how-to/Q and A documents to help your district or company get started, they do not offer support for free. The documents provided, though, are good enough for you to get you up and running. We also found a good source of help through a sip trunk provider, which was a 3CX reseller provider.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
The main differences between 8x8, Inc. and 3CX is pricing and ease of use in my opinion. The 3CX system uses annual based pricing plans based on of simultaneous calls your company needs, not the number of extensions/users and offers a free plan. 8x8, Inc. charges per extension with different plans. We currently have 19 extensions so the 3CX system makes more sense for us, however, if your company only has a few extensions you may want to throughly consider both options. In my experience, it was difficult to add new extensions and phones with 8x8 because at least at that time we had 8x8 I could not add anything on the web admin. I had to call a sales rep which took a lot more time. Also, if you didn't purchase a phone and/or headset directly from 8x8 at a usually higher price than Amazon for example then you would have to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to hours on the phone with 8x8 tech support to program the phone to work with the 8x8 system so adding a new extension could turn into a long ordeal. I can easily add new extensions on 3CX directly in the web cpanel. Granted, if you are actually adding a new phone number you would need to purchase that number from a company like ATT first before adding it to 3CX. The difference between a phone number and an extension would be a phone number allows a customer to call in directly using that number. The extension would require the customer to call the main business number then be transferred to the extension. 3CX provides a list of supported phone models on their website
Manager in Information TechnologyArts and Crafts Company, 11-50 employees
Easy to use interface and price are the two factors that made me decide to use BotStar. Compared to other chatbot platform, there are a few features that are not available or as diverse, but seeing the platform is updated monthly makes me confident that I have made a wise choice.
Return on Investment
- 3CX has a lot to offer for a very low cost as its business model is based on simultaneous calls and not per device. It's very cost effective and very affordable.
- As the 3CX server does not require a high-performance server to run, with the Public Cloud option, it might allow even further savings.
- Speed up customer response on Facebook as well as Website, guaranteed under 10 minutes.
- Reduce repetitive employee workloads and prioritize more important things.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
3CX Editions & Modules
- per user/per month
Additional Pricing DetailsPrice displayed is based on 25 users. 3CX pricing is based on the number of simultaneous calls your business requires or in other words, how many calls your system needs to support at once. Unlike other PBX vendors there is no per extension cost.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
BotStar Editions & Modules
- per month