<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.6 out of 100
Based on 97 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
The 3CX system is a well-thought out phone system with many features and options. The plan pricing is very affordable and flexible depending on your business needs. However, the key to having a solid, well-performing system with 3CX is the quality of your Internet connection. You may want to discuss your Internet connection type and speeds with a 3CX reseller before deciding on a 3CX system.
Manager in Information TechnologyArts and Crafts Company, 11-50 employees
If your marketing model is selling products, services, or SAAS where you are doing inbound marketing and your website will do most of the lead generation and conversion, this is a great product. From live chat, support, event tracking, and automation, you could almost put your entire business on autopilot.If your marketing model is mostly outreach to cold leads and conversion, this software currently does not have any type of sales stages or task generation. I would still use Gist for website inbound but use another software for outreach and cold leads then when they become a lead put them into Gist for marketing automation.
- Simplicity: Using a single 3CX interface we can manage every phone and extension used throughout our company.
- Flexibility: There are a wide variety of options to configure each extension and phone. Changing anything after the hardware is deployed is very easy.
- Portability: Phones with 3CX can be easily moved or repurposed within an office or at remote locations, including users' homes. The mobile app allows users to use their office extension anywhere without exposing their cell number.
Manager in Information TechnologyRestaurants Company, 501-1000 employees
- Customer service via a unified inbox so you dont have to separately monitor your twitter, Facebook or IG account for consumer communication there. Gist unified all into one inbox, better than anyone else I've seen in the market. They archive all communications and tie them back to a single user so you get unified customer history / data.
- Marketing segmentation and automation: they track user history and behavior across the site and have super detailed segmenting capability, on par with ActiveCampaign's, but better I'd say. Better UI for the marketing admin person, and more unified data than in AC.
- Live chat and chatbot. Usually it's either one or the other but with Gist you can do both seamlessly.
- It can include outgoing fax functionality
- Voice quality appears to suffer greatly with weak Internet signal
- Setting up conference calls could be made simpler
- Can include texting capability
Engineer in EngineeringCivil Engineering Company, 11-50 employees
- Plan limits can be confusing. For example, there is a monthly charge for support and a monthly charge for "growth," plus there's a separate charge depending on how many contacts and seats you have. Perhaps this is normal in the industry, but it can make it a little challenging to understand the bill every month.
- The vast amount of features means development will never be as fast as you'd like it to be (even though they release updates all the time). This may not actually be a valid concern, and it certainly isn't unique to Gist (who doesn't have a wishlist they're waiting on their favorite SaaS to get to?), but I do believe the likelihood of being stuck without your desired feature being developed goes up a lot as the product gets bigger and bigger.
- Email deliverability has been less than perfect in the past, but it has improved drastically in the last year.
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
It's been doing really good job for us. Are there better PBX systems out there? For sure there are, with more features and better support. But those are way more expensive and harder to implement and maintain. This system is almost no brainier, next -> next -> next -> finish and you have installed it. With a few more configs to hook it up to your SIP or PRI lines, you are up and running! Everything is GUI based so it's easy to navigate. It have everything you need to run serious call centre so I would recommend it for anyone unless you are Fortune 500 company with billions of budget for IT, then spend the big money and go with Cisco PBX.
Manager in Information TechnologyAutomotive Company, 201-500 employees
Based on 3 answers
It’s pretty simple, but it does a lot so there are more complicated features which depend on an individuals ability for software implementation. I am not an IT expert and I’ve managed to implement everything myself, others that are more tech-minded may find everything easier.
Based on 5 answers
The 3CX Phone System is only a five because while they provide set-up/how-to/Q and A documents to help your district or company get started, they do not offer support for free. The documents provided, though, are good enough for you to get you up and running. We also found a good source of help through a sip trunk provider, which was a 3CX reseller provider.
Based on 9 answers
I have communicated with their team multiple times and every time they have been very responsive, knowledgeable, and polite. They work to make sure you are happy and informed of what is going on. Better their team keeps up to date with their app, giving you new features, and keeping you notified and educated about what they are and how to use them. A+
We didn't want Cisco Call Manager anymore. We used a very old version previously, but nonetheless it didn't have a very good name in the company. PureCloud was too call center focused so in the end, we like 3CX best. A small pilot was configured very fast, and after we went full production, there were no big issues.
Professional in Information TechnologyFund-Raising Company, 1001-5000 employees
Gist combines all our previous products into one application and adds many more features that would require more apps. Gist is excellent and a no-brainer all-in-one application when compared to having to manage multiple applications at higher cost. The support from the whole Gist team has been extremely responsive.
Return on Investment
- 3CX has a lot to offer for a very low cost as its business model is based on simultaneous calls and not per device. It's very cost effective and very affordable.
- As the 3CX server does not require a high-performance server to run, with the Public Cloud option, it might allow even further savings.
- They are perfect for me as a someone who needs a lot of bang for the buck. The chat messenger device on my website alone has brought me new prospects that I did not have to spend money recruiting.
- I am able to save hours of time with the automated emails that are GDPR compliant.
- I don't have to pay for a designer to have excellent looking emails either.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
3CX Editions & Modules
- per user/per month
Additional Pricing DetailsPrice displayed is based on 25 users. 3CX pricing is based on the number of simultaneous calls your business requires or in other words, how many calls your system needs to support at once. Unlike other PBX vendors there is no per extension cost.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Gist Editions & Modules