Likelihood to Recommend
Well suited for sessions and events information with the exception of large white space areas when viewed. Depending on how your organization is set up the only "less appropriate" area for us would be the actual accounting side, but that is because our accounting department prefers to maintain invoices, etc out of their own system. However, the invoices provided by A2Z does aid them when the are reconciling to their own system
Aventri (formerly etouches)
eTouches seems to be well positioned to serve those needing event registration for small groups up to large conventions. Events with multiple sessions are very well organized and allows the planners to monitor registration and attendance with ease. One issue we have run into is the ability to give a discount to a specific registrant who signs up a group of individuals. We continue to work for a solution to this.
- Tracking from year to year - history provided on the Exhibit side is huge and helps when you have new people working within the platform.
- Ability to replicate certain areas from year to year which is a huge timesaver.
- Templates! Templates are huge timesavers, but you still have the ability to brand them and change them if needed.
- The response time of support requests is exceptional. While they have not been able to solve every issue, they are very thorough and followup regularly.
- The availability of optional robust modules that you can choose whether or not to implement is excellent. For instance, the eSurvey module made post event evaluations significantly better than past attempts.
- The ability to assign multiple levels of users to view event reports is a big help.
- Coming from software where I had a huge amount of access to the "backend", it would be nice to be able to manipulate areas of the Exhibit Floorplan a little easier with regard to items like tables, chairs, stages, etc. Maybe add some icons that could be pasted into the floorplan for faster success?
- The agenda within A2Z does not give you the ability to host on your own conference site.
- The agenda view is sometimes perceived as being too long, there's a lot of extra "white space".
- We have run into some email servers putting eTouches sent emails in spam folders. The placement has come from the server end, not the user end. This has resulted in missing survey responses.
- The ability to customize registrant categories would significantly help in evaluation completions.
- [I would like] A clear answer as to how many emails are allowed per registration.
I've used Map Your Show, as well as ExpoCad. Each has their own redeeming qualities, and the success of A2Z is also based on the support you receive from the provider. Customer Support and being assigned to one support team player from A2Z has been huge and we have greatly appreciated it.
SignUp4 was our previous service and performed well. It wasn't until after it shuttered that we realized how much more could be provided. Cvent (which absorbed SignUp4) provided many of the old solutions but at a significantly higher price. In the end, it seemed more suited for very large events more so than the size we normally run. Thus we chose eTouches to supplant SignUp4.
Return on Investment
- Positive - it provides one place from which primary players in the conference could pull information. A2Z maintains consistency and lowers the discrepancy issue when everyone tries to keep their own little database.
- Positive - Time Saver.
- No negative that I can recall.
- Much more thorough reporting than previous provider.
- The ability for long term goal creation based on the objectives evaluated post conference.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Additional Pricing Details—
Aventri (formerly etouches)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?