Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
The app is good for employees and managers who travel a lot - can submit and approve expenses anytime and anywhere. No need to complete paper expense reports.The software is moderately priced, might be a decent option for a small business, but buyer beware- you get what you paid for.
Employee in Finance and AccountingFinancial Services Company, 11-50 employees
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Certify's customer support is excellent. They are quick to answer, knowledgeable and friendly. Follow up and communication is always clear and efficient.
- Certify manages multiple currencies well making it easy for employees to be reimbursed in their home currency regardless of the currency of the transactions.
- The Certify app is easy to use to capture expenses while traveling.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- We've experienced continual problems with our corporate card integration where transactions post to the wrong cardholder account. Customer support has always been willing to assist with teh correction but its frustrating that the manual correction is needed so frequently.
- Some customization requires manual intervention (we require a custom field for all expenses but have to contact support any time we add or change an expense account so that the required filed can be added manually).
- Certify does not integrate with our accounting software and the CSV export/import file does not bring in transaction level detail.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Certify was the first expense reporting product we used. It replaced Excel worksheets and paper receipts so overall the impact on the organization has been quite positive.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Abacus More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Certify Editions & Modules