Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
If your payroll and accounts payable teams are totally reliant on paper reimbursement forms and hand signed approvals, then Concur may be something to look into. This is even truer if a company is spending countless hours correcting or rectifying reimbursement requests from team members. At a large multi-faceted organization a system like Concur will cut down on tedious mind-numbing scanning and data entry of paper reimbursement requests. This not only saves the end users, but it also saves management the time of having to sign and return forms accordingly. When dealing with individual’s money there is little to no room for hold up or error, and Concur can help prevent all that. In cases of small companies, of only a few dozens, then Concur may be a little too large of a tool.
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- The automated factor of tracking history, active requests, and ultimately the update features for all end users is exceptional. In large organization’s it’s not uncommon to submit a reimbursement and not see or hear of it for 30+ days. With Concur you receive updates along the way at each approval and verified estimated payout.
- Team members seem to enjoy the system and have little to no trouble navigating it to efficiently and effectively enter their own reimbursement needs. Additionally, this holds true for managers of users and their ability to quickly and easily review and approve expense reimbursements.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
Concur Expense is much better in the ways of simplicity but their site feels easier to use and more modern.
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Concur tool definitely increased employee satisfaction. I worked for another consulting company with a crappy expense tool and some of the employees left the company as they were not getting their expenses reimbursed on time.
- The ability to track billable and non-billable expenses is critical for a project-driven organization like ours. Concur handles this and this is a huge plus.
- Concur increases the productivity of employees and finance teams.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Concur Expense Editions & Modules