Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Deem communicates with Ariba
- Deem template is easy to complete and upload
- Deem allows/requests that the catalogs are reviewed/approved prior to being uploaded into the system
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- Deem could be more user-friendly as far as the flow/sequence of required actions between creating a workflow and publishing the catalog.
- When refreshing a catalog, I wish we didn't have to save the template in the computer and re-upload it. It would be better if we could edit the spreadsheet and save the subsequent versions directly into Deem, without having to save the file first.
- It would be a plus if Deem supported pictures in their catalogs.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
Ariba Contract Management
- Deem catalog has to be created directly into Deem and cannot be created off of Ariba Contract, which would be a nice feature if available
- Deem catalog feeds into Ariba for invoice creation; Ariba exports the information into SAP ERP and the items description, prices and general ledgers keep their consistency, which is a great feature
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Deem catalog allows for commercial contract terms adherence
- Deem Catalog provides great spend visibility
- Deem catalog provides consistency on item descriptions, material codes and prices
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Deem Editions & Modules