Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
It is an easy time tracking application. It is simple and intuitive enough for any user to add time. Where it falls short is the ability to do more outside the main scope of the application. This is not a failure but just something to think about when evaluating products
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Allows for tracking of time very easily. Users can add all their project's time in one place instead of drilling into each project.
- Managers can approve their team's time all in one place. We do not need to drill down to find the info and approve. Users who don't report to the manager but are part of the project can still be approved by the project manager.
- Reports are easy to read when looking at historical information. Reports can be run with multiple parameters that the user needs.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- The reporting is not perfect. When I am trying to find history for one person it is very cumbersome to get the info you need.
- At the current use there is no integration with an expense tracking tool. We had a separate app to track expenses vs. time.
- Only resources on the project can view time. External customers could not log in to see users' time against the project. Instead they waited for invoices or status reports.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
We selected SpringAhead because of price and usability. This tool is easy to set up and configure. It is a cloud application allowing access from anywhere. There were no training requirements. When you have a small use case this tool is the way to go. We moved off SpringAhead to get more functionality and it has required a lot more training and effort to maintain and utilize
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Overall the usage of Springahead was very positive since it was easy to use.
- There was a quick user adoption of the application. We were made very aware of this when we switched off SpringAhead for another app that combined time tracking and expenses into one app.
- We have noticde a large learning curve with our new app to replace SpringAhead and when comparing the amount of time loss you can see there was a big impact to overall morale.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
SpringAhead Editions & Modules