Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
We reviewed several expense report systems at the time and found that Suti Expense had the features that we needed for our organization. Most of our users are in-house employees that use the system 2-3 times a year. The pricing model that they provide allows us to only pay for the users that file an expense report in that month. No management by IT or Finance.
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Tracking Duplicate Receipts for Audit
- Mobile App for instance receipt capture
- Easy System for submission and approval of expense reports
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- Integration was slow
- Customized reports cannot be accomplished
- No way to grab exact data based off of finance needs (restricted on what is reportable)
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
We choose to go with suti expense because of the options. GSA Per Diem was important to us and many of the other vendors did not have a GS A feature We also needed to be able to calculate Mileage which Suti Expense does. with Google Maps.Suti Expense also gave us the option to have Customized fields Suti Expense also allowed us to use existing O365 SSO for username and password. No additional support needed from IT
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Reduced the number of hours to process Expense Report
- Gave approvers the ability to review actual receipts of expenses
- Time to process expense for employee reduced to approximately 1 hour for all parties
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
SutiExpense Editions & Modules