Likelihood to Recommend
Simple conversions from Acrobat PDF docs that have been created by Word, Excel, etc., probably do not need this program. But if you are ever faced with anything more than simple, straightforward conversions, this program is definitely worth it and will save hours of work. I have not found anything else that even comes close.
I would recommend Hubdoc in almost any situation, except where Ledger Docs, Neat, or one of the other options out there made more sense with their workflow or with regard to pricing. Also, if most of the documents that are being scanned are handwritten invoices, or similar documents that a computer may have a hard time determining the structure or making out the text body, Hubdoc will likely not handle it well.
Professional in Finance and AccountingAccounting Company, 1-10 employees
- Creates editable spreadsheets from Excel documents that have been scanned.
- Allows certain segments of documents to be selected for editing.
- Allows bulk conversion.
- Hubdoc is an accountant's best friend! Move over Fido!
- Saves hours of time, by not having to log into a bank and download PDFs one month at a time. The first time Hubdoc is connected with a bank, it will auto-fetch all available historical documents allowed by the particular bank. In some cases, it will fetch 36 months of historical documents. Going forward, it will auto-fetch documents as they become available. You hardly have to lift a finger.
- Hubdoc does a great job of organizing documents by account and by vendor. It is so easy for bookkeepers and accountants to reconcile bank statements. You can jump from one statement to another with one click. You can truely remain 100% paperless and never have to print unless you need to tick and tie or highlight.
- The Hubdoc mobile app is fantastic for capturing photos of receipts. They upload to Hubdoc in seconds!
- Hubdoc also does OCR. Within one day, invoices and receipts will have vendor name, date, amount populated in the coding fields.
- I love being able to sync to various accounting software (QuickBooks, Zero, Freshbooks, Intacct) and to a permanent document management system (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SmartVault, ShareFile)
- I love how credit card and checks can be sync'ed directly to the accounting software and the image of the receipt is attached to the transaction in the accounting software.
- It's a little challenging to edit the row breaks.
- Sometimes selecting all the pages in a document is cumbersome. "Select all" with custom conversion does not always choose all pages.
- Their CPA hub is basically non-existent
- The lack of a CPA platform makes it annoying and counter-intuitive to manage multiple clients
- There is no ability to manage permissions
Receipt Bank is similar, but does not retrieve documents, it focuses on collecting documents that are submitted by the clients (which Hubdoc also does). Receipt Bank's platform for CPAs is significantly more advanced and robust (Hubdoc's is basically non-existent), but the most valuable area for us at this point is retrieving client statements, which Receipt Bank does not do.
Return on Investment
- I save hours of work when dealing with client information. It takes only a few documents for me to recover the cost of this software in time saved.
- Makes getting our documents for our income tax return very easy - positive impact on efficiency
- Accurate and ensures compliance with government reporting requirements - we can easily retrieve documents if required
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?