Likelihood to Recommend
Simple conversions from Acrobat PDF docs that have been created by Word, Excel, etc., probably do not need this program. But if you are ever faced with anything more than simple, straightforward conversions, this program is definitely worth it and will save hours of work. I have not found anything else that even comes close.
The functionality that PaperTrail gives you is very important, but there are so many other offerings in the space that it's hard to advocate for PaperTrail over other options. One of the large problems with it is it's a one-off offering, and we need to use it in tandem with other systems.
- Creates editable spreadsheets from Excel documents that have been scanned.
- Allows certain segments of documents to be selected for editing.
- Allows bulk conversion.
- UI Tools are Real Time: Pulling up a logging trace means having a view that will reload in near-real-time
- PaperTrail works with existing, open-source logging software; all we need to do is drop it into our projects and point the URLs to PaperTrail
- It's a little challenging to edit the row breaks.
- Sometimes selecting all the pages in a document is cumbersome. "Select all" with custom conversion does not always choose all pages.
- I'd like to see their free tier offer a longer period for retaining logs.
- Some UI updates would be good, it hasn't changed visually since I started using it 5 years ago.
Return on Investment
- I save hours of work when dealing with client information. It takes only a few documents for me to recover the cost of this software in time saved.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?