Likelihood to Recommend
AcademicWorks is well suited for large university campuses that have various scholarships across different departments. AcademicWorks can streamline the application, reviewing and awarding processes for these large universities. It is less appropriate for smaller colleges that have fewer scholarships and who choose award recipients manually.
It is well suited for all peer to peer fundraising events!! It will be a timesaver for all those who work on these types of events. Its also very reasonable for smaller organizations, which can be out-priced by some of the other larger competitors.
- Customer Service - Although sometimes frustrating that reps are not immediately available by chat or phone, they usually do respond and resolve within two business days.
- Implementation - Training and working with IT and primary users to get the most out of the system.
- Listening - When users have suggestions to improve the program, AW actually listens and has an enhancement request list. If several users ask for the same thing, we are likely to see that addressed in an upcoming enhancement.
- Does data calculation of key KPIs for you as soon as you pull up the event.
- Your data is at your fingertips. Want to contact a current walker, all the info you need is right in the dashboard. No having to look the constituent up, pull a report, etc.
- They have a great online support (chat and email features) as well as great how to videos. Saves me time as well because I can send my users there instead of having to help them troubleshoot.
- Customer Service - Has slipped in the last year, since merging with Blackbaud. Not as responsive or knowledgeable overall.
- Better year over year (by walk date) data
- Scheduled and triggered notifications could allow more flexibility (as well as the text feature)
At the time that we made the switch, NextGen was not able to offer the option that committee reviewers could rank a student and that their ranking could carry over into multiple scholarships. We already had over 70 committee reviewers and the process to review some of the more general scholarship applicants was taking more than 10 hours. The AcademicWorks System allows each applicant to be ranked by a number of committee reviewers (you set the number of reviewers) one time and the score can be propagated across multiple scholarships. This is an efficient use of the reviewers time and keeps the time commitment manageable.
I have used Blackbaud's Kintera, Team Raiser, and a few more versions
Return on Investment
- Time saving.
- Easier for reviewers to score applications.
- Easier for references to submit their recommendations.
- Very large ROI! Our numbers grew by 17% in online fundraising in year one, and we are well on our way to seeing that increase or more in year two.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?