Likelihood to Recommend
This is an excellent system for any college/university or scholarship provider that offers a large volume of scholarships to a high number of applicants. The price point might be a little high for a smaller school/provider and may not be worthwhile if their numbers are lower.
It is well suited for all peer to peer fundraising events!! It will be a timesaver for all those who work on these types of events. Its also very reasonable for smaller organizations, which can be out-priced by some of the other larger competitors.
- All colleges and universities have differences in the way scholarships are awarded at their schools. AcademicWorks listens to the individual needs of each college/university/scholarship provider and will either add system enhancements or help users to find ways to best utilize the system to meet their needs/requirements.
- The AcademicWorks help desk is very good about support. They are timely in contact and work to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- AcademicWorks has worked closely with our IT Department to ensure that the imports and the system will work efficiently despite changes and updates.
- Students need to only complete one application to be automatically matched to hundreds of scholarship opportunities. This is a very efficient use of the applicant's time and efforts to apply for scholarships.
- Does data calculation of key KPIs for you as soon as you pull up the event.
- Your data is at your fingertips. Want to contact a current walker, all the info you need is right in the dashboard. No having to look the constituent up, pull a report, etc.
- They have a great online support (chat and email features) as well as great how to videos. Saves me time as well because I can send my users there instead of having to help them troubleshoot.
- Our school is unique in that we require a minimum of two references to be completed per applicant and they must be the right references. One must be a teacher/instructor if the applicant has been a student in the last 5 years and the others must be professional level references. To date there is no way for the system to identify and qualify students based on their references, so this process falls to us.
- Better year over year (by walk date) data
- Scheduled and triggered notifications could allow more flexibility (as well as the text feature)
At the time that we made the switch, NextGen was not able to offer the option that committee reviewers could rank a student and that their ranking could carry over into multiple scholarships. We already had over 70 committee reviewers and the process to review some of the more general scholarship applicants was taking more than 10 hours. The AcademicWorks System allows each applicant to be ranked by a number of committee reviewers (you set the number of reviewers) one time and the score can be propagated across multiple scholarships. This is an efficient use of the reviewers time and keeps the time commitment manageable.
I have used Blackbaud's Kintera, Team Raiser, and a few more versions
Return on Investment
- Time saving.
- Easier for reviewers to score applications.
- Easier for references to submit their recommendations.
- Very large ROI! Our numbers grew by 17% in online fundraising in year one, and we are well on our way to seeing that increase or more in year two.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?