Likelihood to Recommend
AcademicWorks is well suited for large university campuses that have various scholarships across different departments. AcademicWorks can streamline the application, reviewing and awarding processes for these large universities. It is less appropriate for smaller colleges that have fewer scholarships and who choose award recipients manually.
If you are looking for a quick and easy database option, which integrates breezily with email clients like MailChimp and Constant Contact, and has built-in credit/debit card processing capabilities, NeonCRM is a very good option. An affordable alternative to Salesforce or Raiser's Edge, it does lack some of their "bells and whistles" but gets the job done. On the one hand, Neon features a shallow learning curve and solid user interface, and is web based and mobile friendly. On the other hand, Neon might not be totally appropriate for large or national level organizations because some of the reporting seems less "robust" than pricier alternatives...
- Customer service
- Sorting of student applications per scholarship opportunity
- The cycle review in order to set up the next application cycle was always great!
- Contact information for our constituents.
- Tracking our fundraising campaigns.
- Generating reports of all kinds. Very easy to generate reports.
- Some users may like a bit more customization
- If it's not currently a thing, an "if, then" algorithm for the general application would be helpful
- Easier searching in their client resource portal
- NeonCRM is very responsive and committed to updates to the system. This is not an area to improve upon but it is noteworthy that they are continuing to offer new features and fix that which is broken.
At the time that we made the switch, NextGen was not able to offer the option that committee reviewers could rank a student and that their ranking could carry over into multiple scholarships. We already had over 70 committee reviewers and the process to review some of the more general scholarship applicants was taking more than 10 hours. The AcademicWorks System allows each applicant to be ranked by a number of committee reviewers (you set the number of reviewers) one time and the score can be propagated across multiple scholarships. This is an efficient use of the reviewers time and keeps the time commitment manageable.
Salesforce and Raisers Edge are extremely expensive to set up to be functional. These are great options for very large organizations - colleges and hospitals. For a smaller operation, NeonCRM meets many needs for a much more affordable price
Return on Investment
- Increase in new scholarship fund holders
- Streamlined qualification of applications
- Faster processing of awards
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
AcademicWorks Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
NeonCRM Editions & Modules
1. per month