<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.1 out of 101
Based on 33 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I honestly can't think of a situation where the system would be ill-suited to anyone. It's more appropriate for those who have more than one service to sell, I suppose. And it might not be as helpful when you're selling products (vs. services), so that would be one thing to improve.
I think that Booking Bug is incredibly well suited for small to medium sized businesses needing a service to allow careful management of bookings and client data
- Acuity Scheduling has a simple view layout of seeing available times available to schedule a meeting.
- Great integration with Google Calendar.
- Overall, the platform is very simple to use.
- The best feature about Bookingbug is the way that we can set up our courses so very easily. Nothing quite like it elsewhere. It's a joy to use when I need to amend a course. An event template is set up, then all dates are based on the template. So the Administrator need not set up each course event individually. To amend, we amend the template and all amendments are cascaded down to all dates set up for that specific event.
- Another feature that's very important is, of course, the link with Paypal and other online payment system. When full payment is received, it receives communication from Paypal that payment has been made at which time Bookingbug notifies us by email that a booking has been made. There is peace of mind and guarantee that the payment has been received.
- When Booking does not receive notification of payment, the administrator can set the booking to be cancelled at a set number of hours after the booking was set up. You can set this up to one day or 2 hours. The client is informed of this period of time automatically to give them time to make the payment.
- There is an optional password setup for each client. A client who may use Bookingbug again may be better off setting up their passwords. They can log in to their Bookingbug account when they need to book another course at another time.
- A very good feature is the coupons and deals. I've used coupons, very easy to use, as with other parts of Bookingbug, and very easy to customise. You can use coupons to give discounts to your regular customers, or to those who book multiple courses/places, etc. I use this a lot.
- I guess the design of the app could be prettier (I don't really care about design if the app functions properly.
- I'm not going to say it needs to be more affordable - they offer a free version if anyone's upset about that. These people deserve a chance to earn your money and pay their bills too.
- Quite a few of our clients book several places per course date in one go. Their feedback is that they don't see anywhere where they can write the names of the course attendees. It's quite usual where the one who books the courses in Bookingbug is not the one attending the course. I would like to see this improved so that it's clear where the client can input the attendees' names.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
Acuity Scheduling has been very reliable. If you don't believe me, check out their status page here. They do a pretty decent job maintaining their app. To be fair, it's a pretty simple tool so they shouldn't run into too many hiccups given it doesn't feature near as many options as other applications on the market run.
Based on 3 answers
Based on 2 answers
It's a pretty simple tool. You view a calendar. You determine if you can make an appointment or not. You schedule it. You show up. They do a good job making the application easy to use for both the user and the client. I can't really go much deeper other than that
Based on 1 answer
It would have been 10 were it not for some feedback from clients re multiple bookings.
Before, I was manually scheduling appointments into my Google calendar. Now, it's all done through the site. No more back and forth conversations about: Does this date work for you? What about this date? This time or that time? etc. My client can see all my availability and set their own appointment. It saves so much time and is so hassle free!
I have used TidyApps. It's good, but Bookingbug has a lot more useful features. With other systems, I have no control on the setup or once courses are set up, to amend them is very cumbersome. Bookingbug provides easy and least time consuming ways to do the above. Support is reliable. I very rarely ask for assistance, but when I do the response is on time/quick and good. I feel confident that I'm talking to a person who has good attitude to customer support and who knows what they're talking about. I've always been happy with the response to my queries from the beginning. With other systems I've used in the past, support was not quite so easy to get.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
It's the only system I've come across where courses can be added very easily. If I had 10 courses to begin with, and suddenly I needed to set up 100 or more, I can do this in a very short period of time. All redundant steps have been eliminated by the clever design.
Return on Investment
- Scheduling is so easy that customers don't give up on the booking process.
- Better customer service - we are able to acknowledge bookings with confidence that the information we're getting from Bookingbug is accurate and on time.
- increased efficiency - there is vast improvement in our efficiency when we started using this product.
- Customer confidence leading to better business image - if customer does not encounter problems when using the booking system, then they will trust that we are professionals because we use professional and reliable systems.
- A negative impact (a little) is the clients' difficulty in using Bookingbug for multiple bookings. Bookingbug has a capability for multiple bookings. I noticed a few have used this successfully.
BookingBugSee All (4) BookingBug Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Acuity Scheduling Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
BookingBug Editions & Modules
1. per Month (1 user, 200 bookings/month)
2. per Month (5 users, 500 bookings/month)
3. per Month (10 users, 2,000 bookings/month)
4. and up per Month (contact for pricing)