<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.4 out of 101
Based on 90 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
ADP SmartCompliance is a great resource for users of the ADP suite of products. I don't have any real negatives. I think it's one of the best third party resources that my company uses, and I've seen a number of them. Also, the continuous improvement of the website and it's offerings keeps me coming back to see what else I can do on the site. I've used SmartCompliance since it's creation, and other ADP resources prior to SmartCompliance and I am thoroughly sold on it.
We have a small company with very simple needs. This software meets those needs, but it looks like it is capable of doing so much more than what we use it for. I typically use only a few screens and a few reports. It is very well suited for our needs, but I don't know the full functionality of the system due to our limited needs.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
- SmartCompliance captures all the payroll data in one location and makes it easy to access.
- SmartCompliance allows us to run reports when we need them. We can upload our periodic, quarterly and annual data and quickly extract reports to review for accuracy before the filing deadlines, which allows us to correct any issues without tax penalties, etc.
- SmartCompliance makes it so easy to generate tax amendments when needed. The system stores all the employee data and has a process that is very easy to update wages and/or taxes as needed for correction. The system quickly generates the amendment files and provides reports to review for processing with tax agencies. It used to take months to get an amendment processed with our previous partners.
- We can update tax rate changes, such as SUI rates, ourselves, as we received them without having to use a ticketing system that require monitoring for processing. We can quickly and easily update tax agency notices, which allows for very quick response time by ADP to any issues.
- It keeps track of 401K deferrals.
- It keeps track of our payroll taxes.
- It handles a variety of payroll types (Hourly, Salary, Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Monthly).
- Keeps track of SUTA and FUTA rates.
- Welcome any improvement.
- Can't identify any missing functionality.
- Have no suggestion on doing things different.
- One problem it has is if you try to cut multiple checks for a person (sometimes) it creates an error which requires assistance from the processor to get it straightened out.
- You need to pay close attention when reviewing prior to submitting. Sometimes if you think you saved something it might not have saved it and if you don't catch it before you submit, it requires assistance to get corrected up to and including voiding a check and re-issuing.
- In my opinion, it's somewhat expensive. I have been looking at other providers who would use a different system, and they seem to be significantly cheaper. That may not be a direct correlation to the software but to the provider.
- I don't know if it is capable of allowing a user to create new reports, but if it doesn't, that would be something to consider as a missing functionality.
- I haven't found an area that allows for tracking pay increases. We simply overwrite a persons rate of pay when we give a raise, so there is no tracking of the date a raise was given or a comparison showing what they made prior to or when the last raise was given. (That I am aware of).
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
Based on 1 answer
Evolution is provided by our current third party payroll processor. We are currently considering changing processors, because of increased prices and competition is priced significantly lower.
Based on 3 answers
Based on 3 answers
The account managers have too many clients to give great customer service all the time. I had to complain to get better customer service
This is the first payroll software I have used. My prior experience was keeping track of the various aspects of a really simple payroll (no benefits at all) in PeachTree 20 plus years ago, so I am unable to provide a comparison.
Return on Investment
- Our Payroll department has been able to move to a 100% electronic payment requirement in the four states we operate in, eliminating approximately $6,000/semi-monthly for postage, packaging and stop payment fees associated with live check processing. We've also been able to reduce the fraud risk in our 64 buildings by eliminating the need to keep a payroll check book in each for emergencies
- We have been able to reallocate three head counts from manual tracking and entry of garnishments. The Garnishment Service Center has taken the responsibility of answering and tracking orders, issuing copies to employees and handling general inquiries from agencies and employees from our in-house staff.
- Considering this company was processing payroll manually and keeping track of all of the items in handwritten ledgers prior to using this software, I would think the impact has been substantially beneficial, just in time and effort savings.
- The company bought into this service about 20 years prior to my joining them. So, I don't know when they accomplished ROI.
- My company didn't purchase the software, they use it because the payroll processor uses it as their payroll system. So, there is not traditional ROI, as they never purchased the software.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing DetailsPricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?