<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.3 out of 101
Based on 85 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I believe ADP SmartCompliance is well suited for any organization that has implemented an HRIS system, such as Workday, but do not want to fully be responsible for the tax filings. I also feel it is very well suited to organizations such as ours that have employees in almost all 50 states. This helps to keep our payroll department staff at a minimum knowing we can rely on the cooperation between the Workday and the ADP SmartCompliance system. I think the only way I would not think SmartCompliance would be helpful would be with a very small company that would prefer to fully outsource their payroll process.
I believe the ideal scenario is when you are already using the Intuit family of products and the payroll bolts on to your existing QuickBooks infrastructure. Payroll software products have been around a long time, and this is a very competitive niche. Most of the companies do a good job of filing taxes promptly, reporting W-2 items properly, providing good reports, etc. Where you might really get some extra efficiency and benefit is the fact that the payroll is woven into the accounting system, creating one seamless enterprise solution. Also, where it might be less appropriate is in a really simple use case such as a one person company where there aren't complex fringe benefits to deal with. In that scenario, you can set up the ACH debits directly with the state agency and the IRS and possibly file your own 941, 940, W-2/W-3 and state equivalent forms. Of course, if you're willing to do this and are good with details, you can save yourself some money.
Feature Rating Comparison
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
- ADP PROVIDES A VERY WELL KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
- ADP ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL AS A USER OF THEIR SERVICES AND ALWAYS OPEN TO LEARN WHAT THEY CAN DO BETTER
- ADP DEFINITELY WILL SEE ANY ISSUE THRU O THE END; GREAT FOLLOW UP SKILLS
- I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP ADDRESS DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY PREFERRENCES; AND NOT USE GENERAL GENERIC METHODS. WE KNOW ADP CAN PROGRAM TO YOUR COMPANY SPECIFIC NEEDS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF CERTAIN ISSUES COULD BE USED ON A CUSTOMIZE BASIS. EXAMPLE RETRO PAY CALCULATOR PAID AS A SEPARATE CHECK AND STILL GENERATE INTO BATCHES FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING.
- I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ADP PROVIDE MY TRAINING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR REPORT STRUCTURE AND HOW TO TRULY USE THIR ADP COMPLIANCE FULLY. THEY HAVE PROVIDED 2017 SOARS TRAINING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MORE OF A ONE ON ONE COMPANY BASIS TRAINING.
- ADP CAN HELP WHEN IT COME TO CLIENTS REACHING REPS IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER THE ACCT MANAGER USUALLY DOES GET BACK TO YOU BUT NOT ALWAYS THAT SOON.
- I believe the integration around some non-Intuit software is limited (ie. CRM systems, etc.).
- Additional fees for sending contractor Form 1099s.
- Pricing not extremely competitive although bundled discounts if used in conjunction with QuickBooks accounting software.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
Based on 1 answer
Based on 3 answers
Based on 3 answers
The account managers have too many clients to give great customer service all the time. I had to complain to get better customer service
Return on Investment
- Positive: Less of a learning curve to train payroll accountants, as they are already familiar with using Intuit. Also, in general there are a larger pool of candidates who know this system than many of the other "niche" lesser known payroll products.
- Positive: More options to choose from depending on the level of service needed. For example, there is a Full Service offering if needed. This might apply to an organization that doesn't have the resources available or an internal person who has the time/bandwidth to handle the entire company's payroll. Thus, it is possible to cherry pick the level of service needed depending on the type of company/situation.
- Positive: Good audit trail. This can be extremely important and cost efficient when a business is going through an external audit by an outside CPA firm and the payroll accounting function is undergoing testing (ie. less time required by the external auditor would likely lower their bill for their services).
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing DetailsPricing varies based upon modules deployed and features enabled.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?