Likelihood to Recommend
Aginity is well suited for writing ad-hoc queries and data analysis, having all of the features that data analysts come to expect in a database querying tool. Aginity is also great for basic operation and management allowing an engineer or DBA to store multiple databases and credentials, see how tables are distributed or sorted, and see table sizes and row counts. However, for more advanced database management another tool or the RedShift console is still required
My rating of Woopra is the absolute best possible. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an analytics website that prefers a visual interface and a beautiful design. I have not encountered any problems using their app -- ZERO! Their integration with other marketing software, such as MailChimp, helps our company zero in on our marketing campaigns and gives us the information we need to make better choices. I LOVE Woopra and think they are the best out there! I have used other websites and there is no comparison!
- Query auto-completion
- Database exploration including schemas, tables, columns, distribution keys, sort keys, etc.
- Common scenario query samples, and easy access to table DDL
- Table size operational report
- Free community edition
- Hands down, their user interface is the best out there! The app is extremely user-friendly and I can navigate their page with ease. Everything is at your fingertips and the learning curve is minimal.
- We are a small startup and the free version gives us what we need while we are growing. They pack in a ton of features in the free version and I will not hesitate to pay for the next plan once our business is profitable and we reach the next level.
- It would be helpful if the table size report could make it more obvious which tables need to be vacuumed. You can figure it out with the report, but can't just glance down a list.
- Error message windows often auto close before you can read them leaving me hovering my finger over the print screen trying to capture them.
- The auto-complete feature is a bit finicky. Many common scenarios which happen while writing a query by hand such as an unclosed parenthesis can cause the auto-complete not to trigger.
- The interface is not set up well for analysis.
- The native developers I worked with did not like that the SDK has not been updated in a few years.
- The interface does not make tools, such as building segments and creating filters, very intuitive.
Team Lead in Research & DevelopmentMarketing and Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 7 answers
We just really like the tool. There are lots of us using it internally... from Product, to marketing, to customer service, to optimization team, to traffic acquisition, to Executives. Really helps us answer questions about how well things are going, and what is not going well.
Based on 1 answer
The UI and reports are great overall. Creating reports just requires a few too many screens and clicks. Also dashboard tiles can't be resized. Both of these are easy items that are being addressed
Based on 1 answer
Compared to other products, the support was a small effort. We only had part time contributions from a product management intern and front end developer.
Like all of the other various SQL querying tools that I have used, the Aginity Workbench for RedShift has a free community version. Although unlike many of the other tools that I have used, Aginity feels like a tool that I would be willing to pay for. It is feature rich and stable.
Woopra has more flexible ways to visualize the data. Also found Woopra to be more reliable than the other analytic packages that we have used in the past. Quick turnaround when we do see a bug.
Return on Investment
- Since the tool is free it doesn't take much to get a positive ROI.
- Since RedShift is a PostgreSQL derivative, tools designed for that DB can be used to access RedShift. However, it is much nicer to have a tool that is RedShift aware and understands the slight differences.
- Query auto-completion makes writing queries much quicker and less error prone.
- The database management features are a nice plus that many comparable tools for RedShift and other databases don't provide.
- Shared visibility of page views stats (low access barrier)
- Allowed to decide which metrics to use internally
Analyst in OtherResearch Company, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?