Likelihood to Recommend
STORIS is a great solution for all aspects of a retail furniture store. It is well suited to incorporate modern technology for better communication with customers and vendors. We also use the STORIS website module to advertise our business, and it synchronizes data from our inventory module enabling automatic updates to the website. Transitioning from our previous software provider was a bit difficult because we were used to doing things differently for almost 35 years.
- Cloud hosting. Only has gone down once and was back up in a matter of hours. Updates are applied automatically.
- Easy to use from the librarian side. Little help or training is needed.
- Support is very helpful and approachable when issues arrive.
- It handles the unique sales order process to the furniture industry beautifully.
- With Advanced Warehouse Management capabilities it makes running the distribution centers much more efficient.
- It's mobile applications make it possible for our sales staff to take much better care of the consumer without ever leaving their side to find a terminal.
- Cost is pretty high.
- Some settings are difficult to locate, had to call tech support to find them.
- One area that currently doesn't exist would be to have the ability to track out-of-carton merchandise
- There are some screens that require redundant keystrokes to obtain additional information. You sometimes have to "start over" to find the same information for additional products, customers, etc.
- In some cases, the system is too restrictive, and will not let you take any shortcuts. As an example, if you receive service parts at no charge from the vendor, the purchase order for the parts cannot be closed out unless you enter a no-charge invoice to offset the received parts order.
No answers yet
STORIS POS 9.0
Based on 1 answer
I don't think this company exist any more. But at the time we did an evaluation of the two companies to see which came out on top. At the end, it was clear that Storis was a much better transaction based system. It focused on functionality that would help you take care of your customer. The other focused more on reporting and executive level information.
Return on Investment
- I have worked with Storis in 3 retailers now. In all cases, it has scaled beautifully to allow the companies to grow.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?