Likelihood to Recommend
If you have a dedicated developer who has the technical know-how to delve deep into Algolia's documentation to figure out what makes it tick, this is the product for you. Algolia's framework is extremely powerful, making search instantaneous and providing users with results at break-neck speeds. If all you need is great search, but you do not require a complex relevancy algorithm running it, Algolia will work well for you. The more complex your use case, the more expensive the product becomes.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
It's well suited for e-commerce companies willing to improve conversion. It's less appropriate for small companies (the benefits might not cover the price, even if it is not that expensive !).
- Algolia is brain-dead simple to set up. I've implemented search with Algolia in a dozen different ways now, and it never took me longer than a few minutes to get the functionality I want. With Algolia, the only challenge is designing your search UI -- if you don't want to use their baked in UI solutions.
- Results come back incredibly fast. I'm not sure how Algolia does it, but every keystroke I make in a search field returns new results instantly. It's hard to believe that I'm searching large datasets on a remote server when it works so fast.
- Very little customization is needed for 99% of use-cases. Algolia's out of the box setup works great, and it takes no prior knowledge to set up.
- MVT & A/B/X testing is quite easy but might need knowledge in Web development
- Very good French support (might be available in other langages too ?)
- Avenseo's team can also set your tests for you (if you don't have web dev on your team)
- Algolia can be a bit complex -- for smaller companies or companies without many tech resources, it may be difficult to implement and use without the help of a third party
- Manually manipulating search results (for specific queries having listings show up first) is a bit difficult to do without custom developing that functionality
- It might need more flexibility (which is a choice in that case, once you lock your experiment, some options are definitly locked. You may change the contents of the components still).
- The platform is quite "old style"
- Might be cool to upload files using the platform (images, css etc..)
Likelihood to Renew
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 1 answer
Implementing Avenseo is quite easy; for most of our clients they have nothing to do but to add two lines of code and let us do the configuration of the test and the frontend developpement.You can easily check your variations as if it were already live, using a control box so you don't have unexpected bugs when your test goes live !
Based on 2 answers
We did have one occurrence where we maxed out our plan and the service didn't respond well. This is probably a very common scenario and it took half a day to get things back to normal with slow response time. Price is also a consideration. If you are restrained in that sense you might want to dedicate the time to having your own setup from the get-go.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Algolia at first seemed and proved to be the fastest compared to the other search engines. It is very easy to implement. Also, it had a 24x7 support which proved to be very useful. It is also useful for all types of clients weather it be organizations or individuals. It can also handle typos. It also focuses on features like API and SSL Security. Also, it is designed to search records, not pages. These were some of the reasons we went ahead with Algolia.
Analyst in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- It's too early to measure any increase in our transactions
- We have good customer feedback on the Algolia search function
- We are looking at other apps in development where we can also leverage the power of Algolia
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 51-200 employees
- Conversion increase makes the cost of Avenseo easily forgotten
- You pay for a number of visitors so you can do multiple tests, so you get a lot of insights and you can wisely use those to make your conversion grow
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
* per installation
Algolia Editions & Modules
|OEM Pricing||Contact sales team|
- per month
- per unit/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Avenseo Editions & Modules