<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.9 out of 101
Based on 334 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
In my organization's scenario, the on-premise appliance provides great value as we are a small company with site inter-connectivity. Where I am not too sure of is how exactly the product scales with very large networks with separate Windows and network domains.
Lookout is excellent for mobile device security. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a simple solution to guarantee peace of mind when keeping mobile devices secure. It's also excellent for finding a device that's been lost remotely, including an excellent feature for enabling audio on a device when it was put in silent mode locally. The web UI is easy to use and allows for powerful functionality through a simple interface. Lastly, it is an excellent secondary backup solution. I'd recommend having other potential backup solutions as well in case this premium feature ever expires and you aren't sure whether you have a most recent contact backup within Lookout.
Feature Rating Comparison
Centralized event and log data collection
Event and log normalization
Custom dashboards and views
Host and network-based intrusion detection
- The SIEM does a good job of correlating network data from multiple sources along with the Data from deployed HIDS
- The Nmap scan is fast and non-invasive that defines devices on your network.
- The vulnerability scanning has several options and reports to enable data to be available for compliance purposes.
- Scanning of all device apps with up to date definitions.
- Backing up all device related data to the cloud.
- Finding devices.
- Because AlienVault USM combines several well know components, you have to life with the fact, that they are not in their latest version, i.e. the integrated OSSEC, which should be replaced with the OSSEC-Wazuh fork instead.
- Due to the all-in-one approach, the solution is quite resource hungry. You have to have a decent machine to run it.
- The reporting module is nice, but sometimes it is quite a challenge to configure a custom report as you will only get the results you want after a trial and error run.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 13 answers
It is a very well built software and solution for meeting our cybersecurity needs. The staff is always very well responsive with any issues that we have and it is perfect for satisfying FINRA's cybersecurity regulations.
Based on 33 answers
Based on 1 answer
I have never had any issue using the application since the UI and settings are laid out in an easy to follow way.
Based on 24 answers
Only had to use this once, and they had us back on track in an hour or so. They followed up the day after to make sure all was still working, great team.
Based on 37 answers
I looked into Splunk, QRadar, but they were way too expensive and the reviews weren't always great. I used McAfee ESM extensively at my prior job and the product is probably the worst in the SIEM space. We moved to AlienVault from ELK which, while a cool product, didn't do any security event correlation and has a terrible search and log review and export. AlienVault is the only major SIEM comprised of over 200 open source tools I'd want to use anyway, so it does more than any SIEM with its HIDS agents, vulnerability scanning, asset discovery, etc. The included Open Threat Exchange subscription is also a major plus.
Lookout was chosen by T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T which many employees have chosen as their mobile network provider. From that standpoint, it made it a simple decision. Its cloud based technology gives insight across almost all mobile code in the world. Lookout identifies connections that would otherwise go unseen without deep investigation. It helps prevent cybercriminals from sneaking into mobile devices and that's the key component for any mobile security solution. MobileIron and other competitor solutions have a similar offering, but based on network provider support I haven't need to look into the competition extensively.
Return on Investment
- Lookout has minimized lost devices, by essentially enabling all users to find their device no matter where it may be lost. Almost all devices are recoverable with Lookout installed and an ability to get to the current location of the device. This prevents excessive replacement device costs.
- If a device cannot be physically recovered all personal data on the device can be wiped remotely. This reduces data breach risk for a lost/stolen device.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
AlienVault USM More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?