Likelihood to Recommend
We use Alpha Anywhere to develop large scale business applications. So far, we haven't found any real limitations. This is exemplified by my response to my customers who frequently ask, "Is it possible..." I always interrupt them before this sentence goes any further by telling them, "with our development platform, anything's possible" (then we have to discuss whether the time/cost is worth the added benefit of what they're requesting).
It is useful in the following scenarios.1. For Android development when you use Java as your front-end language.2. For Android development and Kotlin development when you use Kotlin as an alternative to Java as your front-end language.3. For Android development when you use Flutter and Dart as in your front-end development.4. For Java development.
- Mobile application development with true offline capability.
- Low-code, rapid app development and deployment environment for building native-quality, cross platform web and mobile business applications.
- Cross platform mobile apps created with HTML5.
- Back-end database support for pretty much all the most popular SQL backends as well as NoSQL and Rest APIs.
- Supports Gradle instead of Maven.
- Debug mode is excellent.
- Android Studio is not the unique product for Android development. IntelliJ IDEA is good for it too.
- It is open source software.
- No need to pay, free of charge product.
- It supports big community of other android developers.
- Provide Java to Kotlin code auto translation.
- Whenever I'm asked to criticize Alpha Anywhere, my first comment refers to the documentation. For sure, they've made some improvements, this year, but I still wish it were better. Because I moved from another development package, I really had to start learning from scratch... I've been at it, for years, and I still feel like I have a way to go. The good news is that Alpha has a very active Message Board and there are lots of people who generously give their time to answer questions and help solve problems. There's no "tech support" line to call for help. Alpha DOES offer a paid "mentoring" service, which I used, several times. Unfortunately, my experience with the mentors wasn't as positive as I hoped it would be.
- Alpha needs to improve its "templates" to make them more modern for users. I've never had a complaint from users, but I'd like my applications to have a newer, flashier look.
- Unlike Eclipse, Android Studio has no concept of a workspace. Each window houses only one project. It's not very easy to jump between projects.
- Android Studio isn't lightweight. It consumes lots of memory and takes lots of time to perform certain tasks.
- I frequently see ignorable messages telling me that Android Studio has encountered an error (an error in the IDE, not an error in my code). I've never bothered to find the source of these messages because the messages go away quickly, and they don't keep me from running my code.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Android Studio 9.3
Based on 9 answers
Overall support for Android Studio is quite good. As the project is maintained by Google itself, frequent updates are usually made to Android Studio to keep the IDE update and bug-free. Many community forums are also available to help developers across the world if they face any issue.
Alpha Anywhere is a more robust, complete and lower cost solution for rapid desktop, web and mobile application cross platform development.
- Debugging and testing are easy in Android Studio.
- The errors of the codes can be found easily in Android Studio.
- It has superior community support.
Return on Investment
- Alpha is our sole Development Platform. It has enabled us to contract for some pretty large jobs. AND, we are regularly told, by our customers, that our programs have helped them improve their organizations, workflows and profits.
- Due to Android Studio's day by day improvement, our company is making Android applications in more and more effective and efficient ways.
- 24x7 support from Google and JetBrains is making our work running 24x7 smoother, and making our clients happier and happier day by day.
- Due to the awesome animation and transition tricks, we are providing our clients more than they expected.
Inspection Solutions is a mobile business app designed for inspectors who need to inspect construction vehicles in the field, but showcases functionality relevant to many other field apps. The app includes the critical features now required in modern field services apps, such as offline capability, bar code scanning, voice annotation and digital ink. It is a native-quality hybrid app created using the Alpha Anywhere V4 rapid mobile application development and deployment platform.See All (6) Alpha Anywhere Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Alpha Anywhere Editions & Modules
|Alpha Anywhere Business||$1,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Business Pro||$2,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Enterprise||Call Us +1 781.850.46002|
|Alpha TransForm (no-code component)||35/month|
- Volume Discounts
Additional Pricing DetailsQuestions? Call us: +1 781.229.4500
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Android Studio Editions & Modules