Raiser's Edge NXT<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.4 out of 101
Based on 197 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Our organization has had great success with Altru. You can find a lot of work-arounds for things in Altru, so even if it is not exactly what your organization is used to doing, you can usually always find a way to make it work. And Altru is great at listening to feedback from its users. If there is something that the Altru community is really pushing for, they will usually try and implement it in one of their many updates throughout the year
Raiser's Edge NXT
NXT is great for fundraisers that need information on the go and may not be as computer savvy as regular database users. NXT is a great guide to see how your fundraising efforts are paying off and to gain a better understanding of your constituents. It isn't, however, the be all end all of reporting. More extensive and detailed reports still need to be generated from other sources.
- The system is very intuitive and easy to learn, especially the sales functions.
- The support resources are fantastic. From finding the answer by yourself on the knowledge base, to talking to chat support, to after hours support - I have had very good experience working with their support team.
- Being able to have all of the departments across our organization put all of their information on one platform is an amazing improvement to what we had before Altru.
- Since it is internet based, you can access it from anywhere - which is great when I am not in the office and need to fix something. I just jump on it on my phone!
- The work center is wonderful for keeping track of prospects. The automatically populating tags on donors records make keeping in touch a breeze.
- The easy-to-read charts and graphs in the analysis portion of NXT gives you clear visual representations of progress towards fundraising goals and allows you to see trends from year to year over campaigns, appeals, and funds.
- NXT is a powerful tool and you need clean data to make it useful. NXT has allowed us to see data holes that need attention.
- We'd love to see more reports available. I initially spent a lot of time building queries to get the information we needed, and we often use queries for regular reporting.
- We do not use Altru for volunteer management because of its limited functionality.
- We've run into some software issues not limited to our organization, but these have been resolved in a timely manner.
- The time frames set in the recent giving lists need to be more adaptable. The choices start at 7 days and then jump to 90 days. We often need to see something like 30 or 45 days instead.
- In general, I would like to see the ability to customize more within a list area. More options for sorting or culling a list by additional qualifiers like funds or appeals or campaigns would be great.
- Additional reporting options should be made available within the NXT system without having to utilize the database version.
Likelihood to Renew
Raiser's Edge NXT9.5
Based on 16 answers
We evaluated RE NXT for the long haul. We feel it is a product that will grow along with us as an organization and it is meeting our needs.
Raiser's Edge NXT8.3
Based on 22 answers
The raisers edge product has exceeded all expectations in both the tools it provides to assist in our fundraising efforts as well as the service behind it. We are blessed to have blackbaud as a partner and feel that they are very much a part of our success.
Reliability and Availability
Raiser's Edge NXT8.3
Based on 3 answers
When outages come, they are definitely felt! They come a few times a year, and can be quite a hassle. Sometimes the program isn't completely down, but is still slowed right down and creates complications. Not sure what the solution is for this, but ideal if the company can sort it out
Raiser's Edge NXT8.4
Based on 14 answers
It's fine. It's not the fastest, but not the slowest either. The real limitations come in how difficult it is to pull reports, or how to segment parts of information. This isn't an issue of not knowing how to do something - we've followed up with staff and there are actual limitations that make work harder
Raiser's Edge NXT8.8
Based on 29 answers
There are times when there are long line ups and can be incredibly slow and responsive, on very critical things. Glad there is support services, but they could be improved. There are also the larger issues with RE that are slowly being addressed, and very slowly being added to RE NXT from RE 7, but still work to do
Raiser's Edge NXT9.2
Based on 11 answers
Training on-site was excellent. Our trainer was very knowledgeable and helped us create solutions for our specific needs using RE NXT.
Raiser's Edge NXT8.5
Based on 13 answers
Blackbaud was with us every step of the way during the migration of our data to the newer version of the software. They made it as easy as possible, and the huge task that it was was made much easier with their help.
The only other similar product I have used is Education Edge in a non-profit secondary school setting. We also used Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge there where all systems were operating simultaneously. It was a great way to approach the different arenas of the organization while utilizing the same system platforms. We are currently implementing AcademicWorks and I will soon be able to comment on its functionality and usage.
Raiser's Edge NXT8.7
Based on 4 answers
New features are constantly being added to Raiser's Edge NXT that expand its capabilities. Features such as constituent mapping and easily accessible actions allow for more in-depth analysis of existing constituents. The future ability to manipulate soft-credits and customize reporting dashboards will make NXT even more attractive to our fundraisers and executives. It's great to see that the software is evolving.
Return on Investment
- Initially it was a big expense to take on but it paid for itself in one appeal!
- It is intuitive and helps me get the information I need quickly so I can spend my time on important things like meeting one in one with donors and designing campaigns
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing DetailsAltru’s pricing information is catalogued below, as supplied by the software provider or retrieved from publicly accessible pricing materials. Altru is priced as an annual subscription. This includes hosting, unlimited users, access to unparalleled product support – everything you expect from a complete cloud solution.
Raiser's Edge NXT
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?