SQL Developer<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.3 out of 101
Based on 365 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
When already using a relational database, either MySQL or PostgreSQL, the change to Amazon Aurora should be very straightforward. The main benefits you get are cost efficiency and ease with regards to the storage, as it scales with you, and managing clusters including failovers are made very straightforward for you.If you are looking for a database which can scale up and down quickly with demand, Aurora may not be the best fit. However, there is now an Amazon Aurora Serverless service which attempts to address this requirement. I do not have any experience with it, so cannot comment further - but it is possible it will fit your use-case.
If you have an Oracle Data warehouse, then you do not actually need a different IDE for your data development. In the past, it was necessary to have TOAD or something similar, but now the new versions of SQL developer allow it to be used for most use cases. Very stable and great for analysts and DBAs.
- Automated maintenance for upgrades is by far the most superior feature of Amazon Aurora. Never be behind on upgrades again!
- Performance improvements for poorly structured schema due to enhancements added by Amazon.
- Replication works flawlessly due to added security measures added into Amazon Aurora which prevents admin users from "accidentally" breaking the slave instance.
- Amazon Aurora is hosted on Amazon's RDBMS which also includes quick and easy setup of new database instances.
Employee in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
- Very intuitive user interface
- Easy Data Manipulation Language operations like inserts, updates, and deletes.
- It highlights the syntax errors
- Without direct access to the instances it isn't possible to do a few things you'd be able to do if you were running your own database server, but this is rarely an issue
- I wished that it truly pinpointed every error exactly as we see it. Usually, it is not the case.
- Sometimes, the actual system can freeze up on you (Has happened to me on both home and office network numerous of times) but I expect it sometimes due to the amount of data.
- Honestly, they could improve extraction of data.
Using cloud-based services such as RDS or Aurora take all the hassle out of managing database servers yourself. It also gives you the flexibility to easily spin up and down additional instances and as when required. Where Aurora outshines RDS is in terms of performance - we saw around 2-5x improvement in query read times across the board.
Oracle SQL Developer delivers a friendly, clean graphical interface that fits the user's different levels of knowledge. The left side of the main window allows you to easily select the objects that populate the databases, while the right part provides the details of the selected items. The tool can also be used with non-Oracle databases, such as IBM DB2, MS Access, MS SQL Server and MySQL. Ultimately it can be considered a reliable and at the same time advanced tool to facilitate database management.
I feel like I'm getting better with SQL Developer, for now, I downloaded TOAD, but I don't like it.
Return on Investment
- Moderately reduced database running costs
- Improved performance of database cluster which in turn has had a positive impact on the response times of our API services
- Positive impacts: Able to connect to multiple schemas simultaneously and query the DB easily to get results
- Many DBA functions can be performed like checking table spaces, currently running jobs and running execution plans for queries
- Results obtained from query execution can be exported easily to desired formats
- Negative impacts: Sometimes when query is taking more time to return results, SQL Developer does not respond
- The Reconnecting menu of SQL Developer does not work always after the database has been unexpectedly disconnected
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?