Likelihood to Recommend
It is best suited for sending notifications based on events in the AWS realm. It can be used to alert the developers in case of undesirable activity as well as be used as a medium for sending notifications to production applications
Engineer in EngineeringHigher Education Company, 10,001+ employees
TIBCO BusinessEvents is part of the CEP (Complex Event Processing) family, this means that it fits perfectly in all those scenarios where a correlation between incoming events is required. Where a stateful process is necessary. It does not fit well for a kind of Process Orchestrator scope, where simple events are coming in, and there is a well-defined behavior the system, would have on incoming request, and no particular reason to use a rule engine and its complexity. Anyway, there are particular cases where BusinessEvents would be a good actor in orchestrating a portion of CEP solutions activities
- The AWS Lambda SNS trigger is great. Subscribing multiple Lambda functions to an SNS topic is a nice way to decouple features.
- SNS is fully-managed. Our team is too small to manage our own pub/sub infrastructure.
- Subscribing email endpoints to SNS topics and integrating topics with CloudWatch alerts is very easy; we create more non-emergency notifications than we would without SNS.
Engineer in EngineeringResearch Company, 11-50 employees
- It allows us to build rule-based model-driven application, to collect, filter, analyze, correlate various business events in our real-time event flow
- It makes various business applications/components easy to integrate (loosely decoupled but chained via the events flow) together
- Its distributed rule engine and embedded in-memory data grid (ActiveSpace) gives us a lot of flexibility and room to play with a large amount of rules and data with high performance
Strategist in Information TechnologyPackage/Freight Delivery Company, 10,001+ employees
- The AWS website UI could use some definite improvement. The website itself is very clunky and hard to navigate and always seems to have the wrong information in the wrong places. It is a monstrous task trying to make a website as complicated as AWS look simple and easy to navigate but even with some minor improvements it would become much more user and beginner friendly.
- Troubleshooting can be very difficult when encountering an issue with SNS and often many AWS services. By having all of your infrastructure in the cloud, it makes troubleshooting networking problems quite complicated. On top of this, aws provides little return information when a message fails to send, leaving a lot of guesswork to be done on your part to fix the issue.
- Better integration with R versions and better debug for R-scripts in Spotfire. There are inconsistencies in syntactic expressions accepted by R-studio and not accepted in Spotfire. Accelerating the debug would be awesome. Having a command like View (data frame) that directly output in the dashboard would be a great accelerator.
As I mentioned previously, I wish we had gone with a different service such as a Mixpanel or OneSignal as they are reputable in the space and are known for their strong support and documentation. AWS SNS was the way to go for us at the time we chose it due to the fact that we were getting into using AWS Microservices and felt it would be best to stay the course.
Engineer in EngineeringTransportation/Trucking/Railroad Company, 11-50 employees
I was not part of evaluation of the products in this space in my organization. But I feel BE is better in terms of RIO if compared with some commercial products from Orcle, IBM and SAP.I strongly feel difficulty in using cloud native features is one big shortcoming in current product offering. This will tend customer like us to explore options that are well suited with ur cloud first vision.
Professional in Information TechnologyInsurance Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- Good pricing.
- The system is easy to manage.
Employee in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
- Positive : Real-time event stream processing helps handle transactions very efficiently.
- Negative : Earlier versions of BE (5.0 & 5.1) had major issues in data handling in cache that impacted the data integrity of the application.
- Positive : Decision Tables are a huge plus in TIBCO BE.
Team Lead in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?