Likelihood to Recommend
It is well suited for generic push notification requirements. It can be quickly created and modified to best suit your application at any given moment. However for any notification service that needs to be highly customizable for a specific deployment should be implemented through a competing or custom built service run on company servers
BE is great for translating business rules to intelligent actions systematically.
Manager in Information TechnologyInsurance Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Super simple setup and deployment. You can have a new service set up within minutes and in a serverless environment as well
- Well documented and incredibly easy to use. There are available APIs in almost every relevant language and are all well documented by AWS. Getting any team up to date on their new Notification architecture shouldn't take longer than a day.
- Being managed by AWS themselves makes the service highly available in every possible way. Your SNS deployment is almost guaranteed to never go down without you ever lifting a finger to make it so.
- It allows us to build rule-based model-driven application, to collect, filter, analyze, correlate various business events in our real-time event flow
- It makes various business applications/components easy to integrate (loosely decoupled but chained via the events flow) together
- Its distributed rule engine and embedded in-memory data grid (ActiveSpace) gives us a lot of flexibility and room to play with a large amount of rules and data with high performance
Strategist in Information TechnologyPackage/Freight Delivery Company, 10,001+ employees
- The AWS website UI could use some definite improvement. The website itself is very clunky and hard to navigate and always seems to have the wrong information in the wrong places. It is a monstrous task trying to make a website as complicated as AWS look simple and easy to navigate but even with some minor improvements it would become much more user and beginner friendly.
- Troubleshooting can be very difficult when encountering an issue with SNS and often many AWS services. By having all of your infrastructure in the cloud, it makes troubleshooting networking problems quite complicated. On top of this, aws provides little return information when a message fails to send, leaving a lot of guesswork to be done on your part to fix the issue.
- Better integration with R versions and better debug for R-scripts in Spotfire. There are inconsistencies in syntactic expressions accepted by R-studio and not accepted in Spotfire. Accelerating the debug would be awesome. Having a command like View (data frame) that directly output in the dashboard would be a great accelerator.
SNS is much more customizable compared to SES and allows for many more delivery methods. While it is better for email-based notification services, not being able to send notifications via SMS limits your app functionality considerably. Being able to switch message delivery types is an invaluable tool for any application deployment
TIBCO BE helped us by having all the required capabilities packaged within one product which is very descriptive in the documentation.
Team Lead in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- Positive from the cost savings of the service itself
- Positive from the labor savings from both the ease of setup and learning curve of the programmers
- BE is well suited for our on-prem fraud detection capabilities
- Total ecosystem around BE makes the implementation expensive. such as EMS, Admin, HAWK etc.
Professional in Information TechnologyInsurance Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Amazon SNS More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?