Likelihood to Recommend
aPriori Product Cost Management
On the fly costing is one of the good things aPriori has. Once the engineer does the design, he can check the cost immediately. So the cost avoidance part is very good. An engineer can optimize the design to cost. This helps to avoid engineering wasting time and supplier settlements will happen on time. The negotiations also will be very much fact based & supplier agreement happens faster.
Very well suited for direct integration with CAD packages (Solidworks/ Auto desk Inventor or AutoCAD) and version control of CAD Model/Assemblies and Drawing files) and creating parts and document objects directly into Enovia and controlling their lifecycle from CAD Interface.Similarly, Enovia's Engineering central is already equipped with Industry standard ECR/ECO process which needs little customization for implementing Engineering Change management process.The hardest part in Enovia is controlling the disposition of released material for the downstream process in other ERP systems. For example, if a released material has gone for production or purchasing in ERP system/MRP system then dispositioning that material with Major revision (which may need manufacturing to stop the production due to faulty design) have no direct control to stop the downstream activities. Most cases its manual process to communicate with ERP team to for taking action. Similarly, revision of Documents (material Spec for example) linked to thousands of parts required special process (some time needs to schedule in the weekend).
- Sheet Metal-Process Group, Transfer Die is at the Best, which gives detailed operation setup for the Parts as well as shows the number of parts in the Sheet i.e nested Loop thereby reducing the Scrap as well (Scrap Management)
- Forging-Steel: Very good for for medium and complex medium Hot Forging type parts. Machine overhead data is very detailed where facts are used for the negotiation i.e Electricity Rate, Power, Labour Rate, Maintenance rate, etc.
- Surface Treatment / Other Secondary Process such as powder coating, wet coat, electro plating: These all work well. We can also use masking options the treatment, In the event of of any leak tests or X-Ray inspections, we can add the process which will then account the pre/post operation time for the treatments
- 2-Model Machining: Machines and routing combinations are huge and can be used to determine the most economic way to produce these parts. We can also override to find the supplier methodology and cost. It gives very detailed information on the feed rate, speed rate, and power capacity.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerating (GD&T) can be added on the GCD's which will help detect the super finishing process, which is another advantage. In the current 2016 R2 SP, aPriori can detect it from the CAD Models
- Design to Cost feature, provides the design engineers as well as cost engineers to understand the which feature take most cycle time and whether changing that feature reduces the complexity in machining thereby cycle time can be reduced
- Every revision of a part or document is a separate object, hence unlike SAP status control of an object is easy. The lifecycle of each object can be controlled by its own policy.
- It is easy to create new types of objects rather than pre-defined object types and control them by their own customized policy.
- Efficient Security and access control model for design and supporting documents file checkout and check-in and easy reporting mechanisms for tracking business activity, like how many parts being created/revised/obsoleted and who has checked out how many times etc.
- Generation of custom reports
- Branch into more process groups for cost modeling capability.
- Make system updates easier to integrate.
- Revise the material libraries to be globally centric instead of regional centric. This is for an update simplification perspective of data.
- When a part/assembly has been released in Enovia and gone for production or downstream processing, Enovia doesn't have much control, hence, Enovia should come up with an easy controlling mechanism for various disposition of parts and seamless communication with an ERP or downstream process.
- If a document is linked to thousands of materials then revising this document takes long time gets floated to the BOMs where the previous document versions are used. So, Enovia should have an efficient way to replace the floating process or another efficient mechanism for document revision processing.
Likelihood to Renew
aPriori Product Cost Management8.8
Based on 3 answers
aPriori Product Cost Management8.5
Based on 3 answers
I'm fairly happy with the product. My company appreciates the ability to customize the software, as well as manage our own data points for costs, machines, and materials. The coding aspect is not too difficult as well, though there are some issues with the availability of some information that could be improved.
aPriori Product Cost Management8.3
Based on 5 answers
Overall, I'm generally satisfied with the response and results that I get from aPriori support. They are intuitive, and try to understand what it is I'm trying to do, or how the problem is affecting me or my organization. They also are very available across the globe, as my team is located in multiple regions.
aPriori Product Cost Management8.2
Based on 3 answers
The company was great to work with for implementation, and the on site training and support of our integration was very helpful in coming up to speed on usability, as well as integrating the processes into our specific supply base. There were many times when we had on site resources at our disposal to overcome issues as well.
It was not my decision to have aPriori in our company, but I do agree with this decision because the last software used was less precise than aPriori in its reports.
When evaluating Enovia as a PLM product the following Enovia stacks came out as a positive feature compared to other PLMs available on the market.1. User-friendly interface2. Easy to Integrate with CAD systems for the manufacturing Industry3. It is quite easy to implement the Interface with ERP/MRP system (like SAP, Oracle manufacturing)4. Availability of 3rd party ENOVIA -SAP interface and easy to plug in between two systems
Return on Investment
- Right part with the right supplier
- Efficient design
- Easy learning curve for the users- Very user-friendly Interface for Engineering central make the users happy and easy to learn the BOM creation and Engineering change management process.
- Time-saving - Seamless Creation and revision process of objects saves a huge amount of time compared to other systems.
- Easy to copy existing business data and modify them as required.
aPriori Product Cost Management
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?