Likelihood to Recommend
Aralco Inventory Management
Aralco Inventory Management is well suited for a retail operation with one or two locations that is expanding to 5+. At that point, there is small enough start-up costs and significant benefits available for this software to assist a company with the inventory and POS challenges associated with rapid growth. Aralco Inventory Management is also particularly helpful for retail companies that have complicated sales orders or a sales fulfillment time that is longer than a day or a week.
STORIS is a great solution for all aspects of a retail furniture store. It is well suited to incorporate modern technology for better communication with customers and vendors. We also use the STORIS website module to advertise our business, and it synchronizes data from our inventory module enabling automatic updates to the website. Transitioning from our previous software provider was a bit difficult because we were used to doing things differently for almost 35 years.
- Inventory Control is an important factor. STORIS does a good job of tracking inventory from the order being placed with the vendor to the merchandise being delivered to the customer.
- The Sales module provides extensive information pertaining to each purchase from the customer. The comments section of this module, as well as all other modules, is very useful to determine what actions were taken for each sale, along with dates and times of every occurrence.
- The Report Builder is an excellent tool to create customized reports relevant to our business' way of obtaining information.
- Lengthy set-up process that requires strong management
- High base hardware requirements (can't be used with just a phone, for instance)
- Inventory forecasting is not linked to any external or macro forces
- One area that currently doesn't exist would be to have the ability to track out-of-carton merchandise
- There are some screens that require redundant keystrokes to obtain additional information. You sometimes have to "start over" to find the same information for additional products, customers, etc.
- In some cases, the system is too restrictive, and will not let you take any shortcuts. As an example, if you receive service parts at no charge from the vendor, the purchase order for the parts cannot be closed out unless you enter a no-charge invoice to offset the received parts order.
We used a similar POS system for 35 years, and it worked quite well for a long time. However, the base technology did not keep up with the changing times, and any updates to the software were slow and expensive. In considering a new solution, we looked at several other companies that had very similar offerings, but felt that STORIS was the most technologically advanced, and had the most to offer.
Return on Investment
- Short training time reduced costs and increased sales which increased ROI
- Less downtime which reduced costs and increased ROI
- Good customer support which boosts employee morale which leads to efficiencies and higher sales which increased ROI
- STORIS has allowed us to continue to have excellent inventory control. We have always had virtually no problems with not-in-location merchandise, and we have maintained that level of accuracy with Storis.
- We have improved efficiency by eliminating manual postings for certain receivables, payables, and sales information. We require less staff to handle the day to day processing.
- We also use the optional module for delivery truck routing, which integrates well with the STORIS system.
- The website integration with the STORIS system has enabled us to show products much easier than we did with our previous software solution & web host provider. There is no longer much manual updating required.
Aralco Inventory Management
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?