Likelihood to Recommend
Archibus is well suited for organizations requiring heavy reporting functions, and that have complex processes for managing moves and space chargebacks. It is less well suited for organizations that require input from multiple users (such as doing an employee seating survey).
Any scenario where you are managing off-site work tasks, especially if those work tasks involve virtual verification and media.
- Floor Plans provide dynamic reports group by floor, department, location, room type and function. It is very useful for space planning against budget.
- Building Operations allow users to log a request for repair. The workflow will alert different business areas to respond in a timely manner.
- Condition Assessment allows us to audit the current condition of building, equipment, furniture and others.
- Creating products that are highly configurable for the user.
- Creating API integrations.
- Understanding and adapting to mobile user needs.
- User Interface could be improved - it takes many steps to get to features within Webcentral, too complex, created for power users.
- Pricing and fee schedules - surprised to find that they charged separately for Space Chargeback features within Space Management and annual maintenance fees.
- Slow interface.
Archibus compares well with other IWMS software when it comes to integrating with BIM models and reporting capabilities. I selected Archibus as it has all the tools and processes needed to manage space and moves, with the intention to expand to other modules like Lease Administration and Asset Management. The constant upgrades to Archibus also helps to keep the software up-to-date with other third party products such as Revit.
Return on Investment
- Reduced our labor spend due to integration and automation.
- Reduced subcontracting burdens due to advanced mobile features (i.e., eliminated the need for homework, uploading, and transcription after job completion).