Likelihood to Recommend
Good for large organizations but can be used across various industries from manufacturing to even medical. Also very Citrix publishing friendly to allow multiple users located anywhere to use AspenOne Supply Chain Management across the organization while consolidating their data in a centralized secure place. This ability to consolidate and centralize applications and data within the same facility makes migration, high availability in DR scenario easier to configure as well.
Infor Lawson SCM
For any company that creates purchase orders to receive parts, inventory, or any type of order, Lawson Supply Chain Management is a great tool to help automate the ability to approve and reject orders and allows users to be able to track orders much quicker. Typical types of customers that can benefit are hospitals, retail, and the public sector to name a few.
- Provides a wealth of data and information interpreted across management and supply chain team located at various offices and plants globally
- Implementation was with relative ease with small dedicated team. Implementation time was also quick from launch to go-live in three business quarters.
- Excellent technical support from AspenOne and their tier support is knowledgeable on the product.
- Good bug fixes and quick support along with predictable update release schedule.
- Automation approval flow is by far the best feature as it allows a user to set their own checkpoints and users to approve and reject orders.
- Being able to track and find orders in the system makes it a robust application to allow for quicker delivery and receipt of POs. At the same time it helps vendors get paid quicker since everything can be tracked quicker.
- User interface built for end users who do not go into Lawson everyday. This interface shows only what a requester would require to place an order similar to Amazon.
- While AspenOne Supply Chain Management generate a wealth of data and information, the ability to organize and create reports can be time consuming as well as steep learning curve.
- While incremental updates are predictable, AspenOne major version updates can be difficult to implement with wide user impact causing more downtime than we prefer.
- Report merge and legacy version conversion tools can be made easier to use with more GUI (graphical user interface) options and less command base as well as status progress graphic and confirmation of completion would be very helpful.
- The User Interface that everyday SCM users access is out of date and needs updating. Luckily in version XI the entire user experience is being enhanced to fix this issue.
- Tracking of POs and Receipts and invoices are difficult for end users to research. They usually would require lawson access and/or need to get a buyer involved. Luckily there are third party companies that built add-ons for lawson to allow end users to track this info.
- Out of the box reporting doesn't have a great look to it. Many folks from finance do not like the appearance of the reports. Again Lawson has finally listened and now allows users to customize the look of those reports.
AspenOne Supply Chain Management was a cheaper alternative to SAP HANA and while as not feature-ful and not as easy to integrate with SAP data, the interface was easy enough to configure without the need for HANA. It was also easier and quicker to deploy and implement which alleviated our business pain point. It's like an old saying the best software is the one you can use, now! Our management and supply chain team members have been happy with the product and very few complaints arise from the production usage or performance.
Lawson SCM has been the leader in the space for a while. All of the new competitors don't have enough experience or enough customers to fully understand the needs of our company. Lawson continues to work with their customers for ideas on new enhancements and is evident in the latest offering with a redesign of how SCM makes it easier to track and automate the SCM part of the business
Return on Investment
- We needed AspenOne Supply Chain Management quickly back in 2013 since our biggest pain point was tracking movement of products and ability for multiple departments and locations to access the information to complete their responsibilities within the organization. Was able to successfully implement in three quarters for go-live.
- Since our initiation implementation our two major version upgrades did not go as smooth as we would like causing downtime of user access and the system does not have flexibility to run previous version while upgrading to new version. Upgrade path needs to improve to minimize downtime.
- The business reported quick ROI of better than expected results and the software paid for itself in under three years which beats projection.
- Centralized implementation makes disaster recovery (DR) configuration easier to manage.
- As a customer of the tool it allowed for quicker responses when issues came up. It allowed for quick feedback and issue resolution since everything could be tracked.
- The ability to add images into the application allows for better use of the tool as both buyers, vendors, and the AP Department can gain advantages from the built in imaging allowed for users.
- Approval flows allows for custom tailoring for what kind of expense goes to which people for approval. This makes getting orders approved easier and more concise.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?—
Additional Pricing Details—
Infor Lawson SCM
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?