Likelihood to Recommend
Scenarios where Auth0 is well suited:- Auth0 is great for companies with a small user base, who don't require a heavy amount of customization in their login experience- Projects that require fast iteration (e.g. you don't want to re-implement the OAuth spec every project)- Enterprises that want peace of mind with authentication security (again it reduces the risk of you re-implementing an authentication standard in an insecure fashion)Scenarios where Auth0 is less appropriate:- The Auth0 price point (quickly increasing based on monthly active users) is limiting for startups that are strapped for cash who expect fast growth in user base. Consequently, it may not be a great tool for companies with a large base of free users.
Feature Rating Comparison
ID-Management Access Control
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO)
Account Provisioning and De-provisioning
ID Management Workflow Automation
ID Risk Management
- SDKs in every possible technology
- Excellent customer success engineering support
- Developer friendly integration processes
Director in Product ManagementMarketing and Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 1 answer
There isn't a clear method to get a hold of support when trouble arises if you're on their standard plan. You can file a support ticket and they generally are responsive. I've often been able to find similar questions to the questions I've had when it comes to support in their ticket history, however, some have been closed without a satisfactory conclusion for the original poster.
Auth0 is very easy to use and configure compared to AAD. Auth0's pricing is also much cheaper than AAD if you only use the basic features (without MFA, etc.). Auth0 also offers broader content and features and is very easy to integrate with pretty much any major product that is broadly used by developers.
Engineer in Information TechnologyProfessional Training & Coaching Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- Positive - Saved us a lot of time for implementing authentication services securely.
- Positive - Super-affordable at small scale. This is completely free to use if you have less than 7,000 active users and don't need some of their advanced services.
- Negative - Not enough customizability on the UI, this may force us to abandon their authentication service if they don't start including more function here.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?