What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
The product is actually quite flexible. This can provide many benefits to multi-site organizations where communication can be a challenge. We have many departments in our company which are using this BMC Remedy with positive feedback
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository
- I like the auto update, the information in the ticket when we respond to the email looks and feels really good. And there are many different sections like, Incident details, Client details, Status details, Assignment details, date details and so on, which you can go to directly instead of searching within the whole page.
- It is easy to implement our business requirements In BMC Remedy.
- On the integration side, the implementation of the REST api has simplified integration to other systems like Salesforce CRM and Apttus CPQ...
- There is no advanced case management in BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, like auto closer and escalation process like we have in Salesforce, which needs to improve.
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite is missing some key features that would make life easier, such as being able to more easily copy tickets and search for tickets.
- Technology is slow.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 4 answers
We have been customers of BMC for well over 7 years now and our corporation is tightly integrated with BMC and multiple solutions they offer us.
Based on 3 answers
At least Remedy is all contained in a single platform, so the interface is consistent. Also, the most heavily performed functions are generally usable. However, to use some of the more advanced modules can be a bit more cumbersome (such as Change Management and CMDB (Not Including ADDM)). So, overall BMC Remedy ITSM is better than some applications like CA SDM or HP SM, but not quite on par with ServiceNow.
Based on 4 answers
BMC has transitioned their support model many times. From off-shore to hybrid off-shore... to now which is channel/hybrid off-shore. If you want high-quality support for BMC Remedy products, you must go through a partner, preferably Rapid Technologies.
Based on 2 answers
I used Salesforce case Management system which is a powerful tool where we can automate many things that we can't do in BMC Remedy. I do suggest to introduce Escalation Management system within BMC remedy so that most of the clients might utilize. I haven't used any other tools which will track the incidents or tickets.
Based on 1 answer
Return on Investment
- Identifying trends quickly is a big deal and gets people back to work quickly.
- The identifying trends is a big deal but it's useless if you do not have the capability to notify support staff. BMC/Remedy/ITSM has a very reliable notification system and is very customization.
- The fact that BMC/Remedy/ITSM is customized for every need and is able to create standalone applications, helps ROI.
- I have seen companies and the government spend millions of dollars on applications for very specify jobs, that BMC/Remedy/ITSM could do by customizing ITSM or creating a standalone Remedy application at a fraction of the cost. Plus there is no need to pay for support for the other application.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?