Likelihood to Recommend
BMC works for change management functions but what we found was that the application was extremely limited once you make customizations/changes. Standard updates/patches become difficult to execute and then the software gets out of sync with the current version. The ITSM functions were limited and we found other products were far superior in this area.
Project Manager in Information TechnologyBanking Company, 10,001+ employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository
- Remedy integrates very well with many products so you can have incidents coming from many sources directly into Remedy.
- Service requests are something that Remedy does well. Once setup a user just has to answer some pre-determined questions and a work order/inicident/change request will automatically be created and populated based on the answers provided so business end users do not need a lot of training in order to open requests.
- Incident/problem management is a strong point in the Remedy system. Users can open problems directly from the incident ticket with the click of a button and it allows users to track incidents against problems fairly well.
- It is much better today, but I still think there is room to improve the upgrade and installation--it just seems to take forever.
- I'd like to see BMC provide more real world configuration out of the box. It is a little overwhelming to someone who is new to the system to have to configure it from scratch.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
We have been customers of BMC for well over 7 years now and our corporation is tightly integrated with BMC and multiple solutions they offer us.
Based on 3 answers
Based on 4 answers
Their tech support is top notch. They respond and get back to us, even on lower level incidents and issues, very quickly. It is rare that we deal with a support technician who does not know what they are doing.
Based on 2 answers
BMC ITSM is the most mature and proven IT service management tool available. Recent advances in the product's architecture and features make it a clear choice for a rapidly changing IT and business environment. The support and relationship resources that BMC provides give confidence that the Remedy product will continue to be the leader in the IT service management space. A lot of products can provide for process standardization but few of them can do that like Remedy and also offer the flexibility to customize and integrate with existing tools.
Based on 1 answer
Return on Investment
- BMC ITSM has allowed us to focus on improving our incident resolution process and reduce our incident backlog significantly.
- The Change Management application makes it possible for our business users to actively manage business related changes while providing the deep auditing capability we need.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?