Likelihood to Recommend
Braintree is a lower cost alternative to many of the options business owners have through their bank. However, they will need to be techy or be working with a developer to set up. The setup and backend isn't as user friendly as alternatives. Braintree is a great option if you'll need to manually type in credit card details. Banks will sometimes charge a lot more for that option. The manual option is nice if your clients aren't as tech savvy and prefer to pay over the phone than to pay on your website.
ExecutiveMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees
- Braintree has excellent integration with the BigCommerce platform. The switch of our previous payment processing gateway to Braintree was very easy and only required a few clicks.
- Tying into Braintree's BigCommerce integration, for company's like ours that are on the BigCommerce enterprise plan, Braintree's rates for BigCommerce enterprise customers are extremely competitive and saved us money.
- Braintree has a pretty easy to use portal that can be accessed through the same login we use for PayPal which we are using in conjunction with Braintree with ease.
- I've only had to call Braintree twice and my customer service issues were handled extremely quickly and easily.
- Reports aren't always as detailed as we like them to be.
- Would like to be able to have better search functions
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
Based on 2 answers
Based on 4 answers
We have used Braintree for two years and Braintree's service has been flawless. Easy to use and fast disbursements as well as very easy integration with BigCommerce Enterprise that gave us great and competitive rates. The customer service is fast and professional, just bear in mind they are on the east coast and calls later in the day will be met with silence as they close earlier. Otherwise, have been happy with Braintree, all that is missing is more features and customization like Authorize.Net and it will be the universal best payment processor.
Based on 1 answer
We used Braintree over Stripe because our developer was more familiar with Braintree and was able to integrate it the way we needed to. However, Stripe seemed like a good option but there wasn't any compelling reason in price or other features that made it worth taking more time for the developer to build the integrations we need.
Return on Investment
- American Express, not being integrated made us lose some sales.
- Thanks to Braintree we did not have to pay to banks to open a Internet account. Super good super fast.
- You need to be a programer to implement Braintree.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?