<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.6 out of 101
Based on 481 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
No stage gate or portfolio reporting solution can overcome poor input data. The organization has to be willing to commit to consistent and rigorous updates of the information, or the reporting becomes useless. From what I've seen of competitive systems, Bubble Innovator is the easiest to use in this regard, so the excuse of not having good data because it's painful to upload or cumbersome to retrieve goes away. And the ease with which you can produce customized reports allows you to immediately find the gaps and weak points in your data, and take action to address them. That's not to say that every report and function in Bubble Innovator is perfect. But the close collaboration and responsiveness of the Bubble Innovation team has made it relatively easy to triage, prioritize, and implement improvements along the way.
For us, Quick Base gets used when we want to collaborate across companies (or even distant offices internally), when we have a need for a database come up on very short notice, and/or when we expect the needs of the application to frequently change. Quick Base allows us to manage all of those things easily, and we have not found another solution that does so.We don't use Quick Base if there are very complicated rules for data integrity, relationships, triggers, etc. We also don't use it to generate complex reports, although the data often resides in QB.
- Bubble Innovator is a tremendous visualization tool. The entire organization can quickly see where projects are in the stage-gate process.
- Bubble Innovator became a key part of our strategic process for new product revenue projections. Utilizing Bubble Innovator as a portfolio management tool allows us to quickly output new product revenue projections for our strategic planning process.
- Bubble Innovator is highly flexible. We are able to adapt it to our particular needs at different sites. This adaptability also allows us to utilize information to support other business processes.
Executive in Research & DevelopmentMedical Devices Company, 10,001+ employees
- Quick Base is easy to change, allowing us to adapt to our clients' changing needs. It's even so easy that sometimes project managers can make the changes themselves, rather than relying on a person dedicated to software development.
- We don't have to worry about hosting and security. We can simply use it and share it with collaborators without going through all the red tape of exposing an internal server to outside parties.
- The features of Quick Base allow us to do almost everything we need natively, so there's rarely a need to build custom solutions or hire third-party developers.
- User configurable screen views and reporting capability are in development - this will significantly help key users
- User configurable Portfolio Views and charting
- The biggest missing feature I run into is a lack of an ability to run a report across multiple tables, like you can with a SQL database. You can add lookup values to child tables, it's true, but that doesn't help you run a report that includes all records from both the parent and child tables, even if some parents have no children.
- The second biggest feature I wish QB had is a way to intercept deletions and other actions of that sort. You can react to those actions (which is great!), but sometimes we want to prevent deleting records in specific cases, or would like to "archive" them instead of deleting outright.
- It seems some formulas get cached and will have stale values, which makes it difficult to test if everything is working properly, especially if you're using formula fields to manage access.
- It is a burden to manage access for a lot of users across many apps, especially if you are trying to balance giving access to those who need it and removing access from those who don't, so you can keep license fees down.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
Bubble Innovator is a great strategic tool for the organization to use to help make our decisions.
Professional in Finance and AccountingMedical Devices Company, 10,001+ employees
Based on 31 answers
Based on 1 answer
The user interface is highly visual and simple. Literally within 10-15 minutes of my introduction to the software, I was up and running. Of course, deeper capabilities become apparent after additional use, but the basic functionality is very simple to grasp. Where there are consistent challenges reported by multiple users, the Bubble Innovation team is quick to connect and put plans in place to address the challenges.
Based on 24 answers
Reliability and Availability
Based on 8 answers
It's highly available. During data center movement only once during weekdays, we found some fluctuations but that was communicated quickly with frequent updates and resolved timely.
Based on 2 answers
I've mentioned it already in this review, but this is really a strength of Bubble Innovator. The team is highly engaged in helping solve challenges to make their customer's lives easier.
Based on 23 answers
The QuickBase support team consists of experts who do a great job of understanding and resolving customer issues. You can initiate a support request on their portal, and their experts will be in touch with you via email or phone, depending on the complexity of your query. However, this makes it difficult to get urgent, round-the-clock support.
Based on 1 answer
The online training was adequate. Intuit does a nice job of creating blog posts on training topics also.
Based on 2 answers
The number of variables made this extremely challenging (org changes, stage gate harmonization, pipeline prioritization, and new governance model). I think the implementation was handled very well in spite of this, and managed to deliver on time and on budget.
Based on 14 answers
The reason I'm not satisfied fully was not Quick Base's fault, but an internal problem. We were under funded, under staffed and users were allowed to avoid the system if they wanted. The amazing success that anyone used it should be looked at as Quick Base's strength
I have not personally had any experience with either of Gensight or Clarity but I believe that Bubble Innovator operates in this same space.
Microsoft Access, Salesforce. QuickBase leverages my time much better than these older, well-used, reasonably-loved, trusted platforms.
Return on Investment
- Increased efficiency at several levels - Proejct Teams/Project Managers/Portfolio Decsision Makers
- Driven consistency of process and reporting across a complex global organization
- Greater visibility of NPD pipeline has led to improved cross functional alignment on priorites
- Improved portfolio decision making capability
- It has allowed us to achieve our objectives earlier than we expected.
- It has given us the tools we needed to organize.
- It has made it possible for us to be more productive in our efforts.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Bubble Innovator Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Bubble Innovator More Information
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Quick Base Editions & Modules
1. per user
2. They'll work with you to customize a plan to your unique requirements