<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.1 out of 100
Based on 1712 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
No stage gate or portfolio reporting solution can overcome poor input data. The organization has to be willing to commit to consistent and rigorous updates of the information, or the reporting becomes useless. From what I've seen of competitive systems, Bubble Innovator is the easiest to use in this regard, so the excuse of not having good data because it's painful to upload or cumbersome to retrieve goes away. And the ease with which you can produce customized reports allows you to immediately find the gaps and weak points in your data, and take action to address them. That's not to say that every report and function in Bubble Innovator is perfect. But the close collaboration and responsiveness of the Bubble Innovation team has made it relatively easy to triage, prioritize, and implement improvements along the way.
Despite my frustrations with our team's specific setups, I have to say that JIRA is truly a wonderful project management tool for large teams and companies. If your team is very small, simpler software would probably meet your needs. But JIRA offers so many features, giving you granular control over every element of your board, and integrating seamlessly with Confluence and Salesforce. JIRA has become the hub of our product team.
- Bubble Innovator is a tremendous visualization tool. The entire organization can quickly see where projects are in the stage-gate process.
- Bubble Innovator became a key part of our strategic process for new product revenue projections. Utilizing Bubble Innovator as a portfolio management tool allows us to quickly output new product revenue projections for our strategic planning process.
- Bubble Innovator is highly flexible. We are able to adapt it to our particular needs at different sites. This adaptability also allows us to utilize information to support other business processes.
Executive in Research & DevelopmentMedical Devices Company, 10,001+ employees
- JIRA is an excellent tool to connect different teams and work styles in an efficient way, without being too specific for some of them.
- It has a lot of features and settings to offer which really enable you to plan a task in a very detailed way.
- Thanks to the different conditions of a task, the status can be tracked easily and everyone always knows who's the one who has to provide input.
- Development of custom functionality, and redefining 'standard' options for the software. As Bubble grows and their customer base increases there will be opportunity for this, at present development projects can be slow and expensive. However the standard software options are excellent, but as processes evolve within organisations the flexibility to evolve the software could be made simpler.
- Atlassian recently made a number of UI changes to both JIRA and Confluence. The Confluence changes negatively impact productivity by hampering what used to be a relatively straightforward navigation process. JIRA received an analogous set of changes; while less egregious, I find the new look increases my eye strain when trying to find needed information. New users may not have as much difficulty, but you should try it for yourself.
- Atlassian offers both a Cloud and on-premise solution; the Cloud version doesn't offer many customizations and plugins that are present on the on-prem (server) version.
- The amount of customization offered by JIRA is a blessing and a curse. Generally speaking, it's important to keep things as simple as possible; avoid adding custom fields or super involved workflows as much as possible (though the default workflow doesn't work in most situations based upon my experience).
- You'll need to nominate someone in your organization to own the JIRA effort -- this person should have a reasonable knowledge of JIRA administration but also have the ability to fairly present options and solutions as issues arise. If you don't have someone in this org but opt for a committee of sorts your instance can become a true mess and will negatively impact productivity.
Likelihood to Renew
Bubble PPM 9.1
Based on 3 answers
The business has been extremely satisfied with Bubble Innovator and is in support of rolling this tool out to our other businesses within the overall franchise.
Jira Software 5.5
Based on 33 answers
I do not make decisions at my new company, so it's out of my hands. I will say that we're in dire need of a new Project Tracking suite, but I'm not sure how interested they'd be in building something from the ground up. But, if discussions turn to blowing up our current solution and going in another direction, I will be recommending JIRA, and offering to take lead in it's implementation.
Bubble PPM 8.2
Based on 1 answer
The user interface is highly visual and simple. Literally within 10-15 minutes of my introduction to the software, I was up and running. Of course, deeper capabilities become apparent after additional use, but the basic functionality is very simple to grasp. Where there are consistent challenges reported by multiple users, the Bubble Innovation team is quick to connect and put plans in place to address the challenges.
Jira Software 8.2
Based on 25 answers
JIRA's UI is very difficult to navigate. It is almost impossible to find things. I find myself just using the address bar and putting in the ID numbers as I can't find what I need anywhere else. There is no one place to do tasks but many and many ways to get there and this causes confusion.
Bubble PPM 9.1
Based on 4 answers
Outstanding response times, and solutions to issues requiring support are quickly implemented. For bigger issues or longer term developments, Bubble happily takes the time to meet in person and discuss requirements to drive detailed solutions.
Jira Software 8.6
Based on 24 answers
A 10 rating is only apt for the product we are using. It has ticked all boxes like issue tracking, project management and so on. The application with its availability on mobile devices as well has also added more to the rating of 10.
Bubble PPM 8.1
Based on 4 answers
The number of variables made this extremely challenging (org changes, stage gate harmonization, pipeline prioritization, and new governance model). I think the implementation was handled very well in spite of this, and managed to deliver on time and on budget.
Jira Software 9.0
Based on 1 answer
Take your time implementing Jira. Make sure you understand how you want to handle your projects and workflows. Investing more time in the implementation can pay off in a long run. It basically took us 5 days to define and implement correctly, but that meant smooth sailing later on.
We found Innovator provided all the functionality we required in a lightweight solution that was easy to configure to our processes, provided benefits to almost all those who accessed it with little or no training. Other systems may offer more depth of functionality but this makes them more cumbersome to use and requires more training of users. Innovator also offers a more transparent cost structure - you can immediately see what it will cost as all the functionality is automatically available within the price
JIRA support has been incredibly helpful with any issues that have come up, from technical glitches (few and far between) and increasing user knowledge of the capability of JIRA. The capabilities of JIRA are endless and can be adapted to fit nearly any organizations individual needs. JIRA also has a vast capability to integrate with a variety of software products used throughout many different companies.
Return on Investment
- With financials being included in each SKU, it has lead us to be more finance focused and aware of what projects are more profitable than others.
- It has given us a better oversight of what everyone is working on and the SKUs in our portfolio - allowed us to allocate resources more efficiently.
- As a product manager I needed to make sure that all teams were aware of priority and that new items went through triage and were accounted for in a timely manner. JIRA took us away from the headache of spreadsheets and daily meetings, to one transparent system with real time dashboards that required no meetings. People could just do their work because they knew what was the next most important item. This must have saved hundreds of thousands of hours over the years.
Bubble PPMSee Both Bubble PPM Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?