Likelihood to Recommend
If you are a small startup, likely to be charging only in one currency, then Chargify will likely be suitable for you, as it was for us when we first started. However, as you expand and need to charge in additional currencies and require good reporting, you might find Chargify becomes more cumbersome. You do get a very stable and reliable billing platform with Chargify. I can't recall any downtime dues to issues. In the last 5 years, there have been only been 2 times where the app was down, both for scheduled maintenance. The communication leading up to the downtime was excellent, the app was up and running well within the maintenance window and everything kept functioning smoothly afterward.
- Chargify's API is solid and easy to use, including JSON and XML interfaces.
- Chargify's customer service is responsive and thorough; always making sure your needs as a customer are met.
- Chargify listens to its customer base and their suggestions for feature enhancements.
- Reporting - It doesn't provide the reporting we need so I have to do it manually. It doesn't track individual components like we need it to for monthly reporting.
- Emails - The system's emails sometimes end up in junk mail, so I also follow up once a customer has missed 2 payment attempts.
- Transactions - An easier way to get to the transactions would be nice. It takes many clicks to see the transaction history.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
Based on 1 answer
Anytime I've contacted them with a question, they've responded quickly and with the information needed. It never took me too long to get an answer and be able to solve my problem. They have always been super nice and are easy to get a hold of. The "Start a Chat" feature is not intrusive and easy to start.
We evaluated several recurring billing services - but Chargify was the only one we found that supported our current merchant portal. They had the widest selection of merchant portals - and the most competitive service fees.
Return on Investment
- The positive impact was mostly when we actually did need subscriptions. The negative impact came when we pivoted to a more focused type of product, which did not need user subscriptions. Because we were reusing the code and had already done all the setup (and had a skeleton crew), we stayed with Chargify, but many times it got in the way. Had we continued as a business, we would have switched to just using Braintree.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?