Likelihood to Recommend
If you are a small startup, likely to be charging only in one currency, then Chargify will likely be suitable for you, as it was for us when we first started. However, as you expand and need to charge in additional currencies and require good reporting, you might find Chargify becomes more cumbersome. You do get a very stable and reliable billing platform with Chargify. I can't recall any downtime dues to issues. In the last 5 years, there have been only been 2 times where the app was down, both for scheduled maintenance. The communication leading up to the downtime was excellent, the app was up and running well within the maintenance window and everything kept functioning smoothly afterward.
It's great for regular, recurring signups, which would be ideal for a gym or similar organization that holds classes that customers need to sign up for. For our weekly Berkeley swims, it's perfect. Customers can pay per class, buy a "10 swim pack," or buy an annual pass. They can set it to automatically register for a certain class that happens every week, or they can just sign up individually. We set the coach for each session, which allows our staff the functionality they need, and allows customers to see who from our staff will be there.We also host large events that often have 100+ participants, including the Alcatraz Swim. If we were just doing these events we would probably be looking for another registration program that people are more familiar with. However, using TeamUp for both has worked fine.
- Chargify's API is solid and easy to use, including JSON and XML interfaces.
- Chargify's customer service is responsive and thorough; always making sure your needs as a customer are met.
- Chargify listens to its customer base and their suggestions for feature enhancements.
- Reporting - It doesn't provide the reporting we need so I have to do it manually. It doesn't track individual components like we need it to for monthly reporting.
- Emails - The system's emails sometimes end up in junk mail, so I also follow up once a customer has missed 2 payment attempts.
- Transactions - An easier way to get to the transactions would be nice. It takes many clicks to see the transaction history.
- Occasionally confusing functionality for the users.
- Some limited options for how registrations are set up.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 2 answers
They are willing to help with most challenges and are pretty easy to get ahold of by phone. They are limited in their reach, when it comes to bulk cancellations, along with some other bulk edits. It is no fault to them, Chargify is just a system that hasn’t been upgraded much over the years.
Manager in OtherConsumer Goods Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 2 answers
I cannot recall ever having to use customer support which I guess is a 10 because it works so well I don't need help.
Chargify met a list of set requirements and our budget at the time. The main items were:
- Salesforce integration
- Payment gateway support
- Billing portal / self service
- Strong API
- Tax invoice support
- Multi country and multi currency support
We selected TeamUp in 2013 because it had more features that we needed compared to the other options available at the time. There are probably lots of other options on the market now and we may switch at some point, but it is easiest for our customers now to continue with what they are familiar with.
Return on Investment
- The positive impact was mostly when we actually did need subscriptions. The negative impact came when we pivoted to a more focused type of product, which did not need user subscriptions. Because we were reusing the code and had already done all the setup (and had a skeleton crew), we stayed with Chargify, but many times it got in the way. Had we continued as a business, we would have switched to just using Braintree.
- Fits with out team approach to services.
- Unsure if it is HIPAA compliant so I worry about using names.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Chargify Editions & Modules
- per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
TeamUp Editions & Modules