<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.5 out of 100
Based on 107 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I think Cisco Umbrella is well suited for almost all organizations. It works so well that both a small business and a large business can use it without issues. Technically it can even be used by devices that don't support the client installer, so it can basically be used anywhere by anyone. The only downside to Cisco Umbrella is that it doesn't fully support Terminal Servers, in that it won't do user-based filtering, which can be a deal-breaker.
Professional in Information TechnologyConsumer Goods Company, 51-200 employees
As a load balancer for larger networks, in use with their security appliances this is a robust system. it is a load balancer as it's primary function, we were able to analyze traffic through the interface and stop some traffic which was undesirable. It gave a dashboard which helped with the traffic, the other connected devices throughput, so it can be some help with monitoring of your network trafic to help make decisions.
Manager in Information TechnologyHospital & Health Care Company, 51-200 employees
- Filters content at the DNS level. Makes it a little harder for the sneaky ones to make it through.
- Since this is at the DNS level, using their DNS servers (as a forwarder to your local DNS) it is extremely fast. Transparent.
- Always being updated. Not dependent on "definitions" or algorithms - a site is either blacklisted or whitelisted.
- Easy to implement, apply, maintain
- Easy connection: you can connect to your corporate network with two clicks.
- IP restriction: F5 has a list of possible insecure IP numbers, if someone tries to connect using one of these numbers, F5 BIG-IP won't connect.
- Always on feature: Very handy feature, if you install always on, you won't need to click connect.
Analyst in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 501-1000 employees
- Keeping up to date on known malicious sites and blocking those is difficult for all vendors, but this could always be improved upon.
- A more detailed descriptions of what is included the Security Categories would be useful. Generic descriptions are provided. For example, state lottery sites could be detailed in the description of the Gambling category.
- Pricing - Aside from there being other cheaper alternatives out there I can’t really think of anything negative to say, we migrated to them about 4 years ago and we’ve been very happy since. Even considering the price I’d say it’s worth it.
Professional in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Likelihood to Renew
Cisco Umbrella 10.0
Based on 3 answers
It is a great product. It is easy to manage and is affordable. We are a Cisco shop, so it is easily integrated with our other security suite of products to include Threat Response and SecureX.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Cisco Umbrella 9.4
Based on 4 answers
The product was easy to install and get running. To maintain the product is also a simple matter of maintaining lists of wanted and unwanted domains or URLs. The basic and advanced security features all do what they are intended to do with no known erroneous outcomes
Based on 1 answer
Cisco Umbrella 8.2
Based on 55 answers
We have been Cisco fans for quite some time. This product / support team lives up to expectations and the high degree of service we have come to expect from them. Whenever we had any sort of question / issue (which there were not many, as this was fairly seamless to integrate) they were responsive and helpful towards finding a solution
General Manager in CorporateFinancial Services Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 7 answers
On the occasions when we've had to engage f5 support, they have been great. They have always resolved our issues quickly and been easy to work with and professional. The reason I give them a 10 out of 10, however, is because when we've had issues that have crossed over between the f5 BIG-IP, our Cisco switches, and our Microsoft IIS server the f5 support representatives have been extremely knowledgeable about every product and device involved and have been able to troubleshoot end-to-end without having to engage other vendors.
Cisco Umbrella 9.0
Based on 2 answers
Overall, the implementation was smooth with little issues. Testing some of the advanced features and ensuring they did not impact our user population was the greatest challenge
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
At the time that we purchased Cisco Umbrella, then OpenDNS, we did not evaluate other products. Since then, several competing products have been released. I intend to evaluate these in the future, as we have not been happy overall with Cisco Umbrella. The unexpected side effects and poor support have been very frustrating.
Manager in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 11-50 employees
I can't recall the name of the previous software we used for remote intranet access, but it was much less reliable. F5 BIG-IP is consistent and easy to use--the authentication process happens quickly and reliably via my cell phone's facial recognition feature which is convenient and secure. No need to carry a key fob or enter a verification code. The previous software required email codes be sent and entered to verify access.
Professional in Human ResourcesInternet Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- Saved us lots of technician time dealing w/ Malware and virus issues, I don't think we've had a malware incident this year for example. This was the main reason we bought the product in the first place. We've renewed 2 times because we see the value.
- Umbrella helped us reduce the risk of CryptoLocker variants infecting our clients.
- Load balancing is a requirement in most serious web environments, and this allows us to keep sites up and running in the event of partial server outages.
- Keeping sites extra secured with the advanced security and routing features is a plus.
Technician in Information TechnologyEntertainment Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?