Likelihood to Recommend
RightSignature is best suited for documents with very few fields to complete, i.e, just providing a signature and maybe a date. It is less suited for a long document such as a lease package of 40 pages or more where the operator must configure several fill fields per page. That gets tedious quickly.
Analyst in CorporateReal Estate Company, 51-200 employees
- Excellent API for integrating with your own system. Well documented and easy to use.
- First-rate technical support, and great customer support overall
- Flexible billing options to meet a variety of needs
- An overall low cost solution compared to some of the really big names out there
- Some clients in older age brackets did not like working with electronic documents and software.
- It was difficult at times to make the initial boxes a uniform size when preparing the document in RightSignature.
- Sometimes it could be difficult to insert a signature box into a small space on the document.
- Documents were only saved on the system for a limited amount of time.
Administrative Assistant in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Citrix RightSignature 8.3
Based on 3 answers
As long as I've clients keep coming in, I've got to get my invoices signed hence there is no other but to use this service for better conversion.
Citrix RightSignature 8.1
Based on 3 answers
Some of the clunkiness in the user interface and the processing of documents could be made more seamless. However, once you get over that learning curve, it's straightforward enough. The API for integrating external systems is well documented, and the support crew is great at getting you over the rough spots. There's nothing bad about their system, just a few things I thought could be more elegant.
Citrix RightSignature 6.1
Based on 10 answers
We are Citrix Partners so we would expect better support, but it took a very long time and lots of back and forth and looping in other support people to simply integrate our ShareFile account with RightSignature. Quite surprised it was such a hard thing to do... Maybe retail customers get a better experience?
Citrix RightSignature 9.0
Based on 4 answers
Good documentation for the API. With a little help from RS tech staff, any competent programmer should be able to integrate RightSignature with an existing system in a week or three. That help is easy to get as well
HelloSign is very clunky, hard to use, and not very user friendly. tracking and reporting is much more difficult and making sure things that were sent in the past, are much harder to bring to the forefront and re-send if it's been a while.
Return on Investment
- Allows for high productivity
- Allows for quick and efficient customer service
- Gives our customers options rather than being required to sign one way (in-person)
- Allows us to extend our range of service to our customers as they are not required to be in front of us to conduct business
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
$14 per month
Citrix RightSignature Editions & Modules
- per month