Likelihood to Recommend
Classy is a great product overall. I gave it only a rating of 7/10 because its utility will vary depending on what your needs are and what kind of org you are. Also, depends on the CRM it integrates to if it does integrate. They have many different integrations. We have the Salesforce integration for Classy which has several issues. I would say their Salesforce integration is not fully matured yet.
If you do not have any integrations to worry about I would give Classy 10/10.
Director in Information TechnologyInternational Affairs Company, 201-500 employees
Kindful is well suited when:
- Important to integrate with a wide range of systems such as online fundraising tools or event registration without being tied to a single vendor
- Small to medium sized organizations looking for an affordable but powerful donor database/CRM
- Need a powerful but user friendly tool with customizable reports
Kindful is not well suited when:
- You need very advanced customization such as the ability to built entire custom screens
- You need to track donations in multiple currencies
- Classy's design editor makes it simple for anyone to design a beautiful campaign quickly and fairly simply. They make it simple to change colors, text, add images all while keeping the template looking modern. Since there is no designer or marketing person on our small team this has allowed me to make campaigns that look great with little previous experience.
- Classy also offers a large quantity of guides and resources that you can download or view on their website for a variety of relevant issues in the worlds of marketing, communications, and fundraising. They provide useful examples and tips that anyone can apply to their own work in order to achieve their goals.
- Classy's customer service is probably their best aspect. In addition to having a chat function, which allows you to instantly chat with someone about your issue, they have an extensive help center and have hired additional Salesforce experts to their team for complicated questions in regard to the Salesforce connector.
Employee in Research & DevelopmentEducation Management Company, 11-50 employees
- We particularly love the flexibility of Kindful's donation pages and donation plug-ins. They make it possible for us to accept donations on our website, without having donors have to leave the website.
- Kindful effectively streamlines back-office functions including acknowledgements for gifts - which saves our small 2-person team vital hours each week.
- Kindful integrates to a variety of valuable platforms, allowing us to manage all of our data in one place. Currently, we integrate with MailChimp [so all email recipients are segmented in Kindful, emails are sent from MailChimp], Fundraising Report Card, and several custom integrations through Kindful's open API [including one that tracks volunteer events and another that connects to CauseVox].
- Kindful's basic metrics and "dashboard" give us instant access to live fundraising results that are shown against historical information - giving us the ability to see how we're doing at all times.
- The customization is limited, so if you're looking for something that you can make a lot of changes to, this wouldn't be the program to use. That does make it easier to set up, but you have to be mindful that you'll only be able to change so much.
- Classy also isn't a full CRM program (it doesn't claim to be so that's no fault of theirs). Just something to keep in mind that you'll end up with fundraising data here and eventually you're going to want to be able to pull all this info into your main database to be able to properly communicate and maintain these records.
- The admin tools are a little confusing for someone who is new to the system. It's pretty easy to fumble around and find what you need, but some of the features don't quite make sense as to where you'd find them (for example, if you need to delete a fundraising page, it's a little hard to find where you'd do this). Just a bit of a learning curve as there would be with any software.
- Detailed custom email campaigns and reports can be confusing to navigate. However, Kindful provides excellent customer support and training to make it as easy as possible.
- The price can be a turn off for many people, but if you have an aggressive plan to increase funding, Kindful pricing is scalable based on the size of your database.
Director in Finance and AccountingSports Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 1 answer
VERY easy to use, but lacks flexibility. But very easy to learn and master, even for someone with technical skills. They offer live chat which is a great help for on-demand support. At higher call volumes, you may wait 10 minutes, but I’ve never waited for more than that and the support if 90% of the time very helpful.
Team Lead in Information TechnologyNon-Profit Organization Management Company, 201-500 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 6 answers
Classy's team was very helpful as we transitioned over, and helped us get everything set up quite easily. The few times we've had issues or questions, their online chat feature has been a quick way to get answers. On Giving Tuesday last year, the site went down, but Classy was quick with communication to its clients and had the problem resolved in about an hour. I know that if we have any problems or questions, the company and its team will be responsive and helpful. That makes a difference to me and our small team. We don't have time to troubleshoot or stay on hold for a long time waiting for support.
Based on 22 answers
I have not utilized the support for Kindful very often but the one time I have was fantastic. It was quick, courteous and thorough. Kindful consistently offers Webinars that outline the best way to utilize their product and get the most out of it. I think Kindful does a pretty solid job with support.
Director in OtherNon-profit Organization Management Company, 11-50 employees
CrowdRise has been better overall for us. They are both very similar, but CrowdRise was cheaper for our needs and integrated with more of the other software that we used. You can't go wrong with either, but we prefer CrowdRise over Classy. However, Classy has more expertise and resources when it comes to articles and help.
We recently added HarnessApp to our software tools. Harness has a strong donor interface but not the backbone that Kindful has to offer. We find them a good match. I looked at dozens of other platforms that compare to Kindful but we always find ourselves sticking with Kindful as our primary CRM.
Return on Investment
- Over the past 2 years our organization, events, and programming has grown roughly 135%. Using Classy daily helped us to achieve that.
- The platform has helped us identify ongoing or sporadic supporters that we can engage further with to turn into top supporters.
- It is great to be able to quickly tell a prospective sponsor how we are doing financially in each fundraiser along with repeat donors that are helping to keep us going.
- I love that it sends a receipt to the donor immediately (if the email address is included in the profile) without me having to do anything! I am sure our donors love it too.
Administrative Assistant in Human ResourcesNon-profit Organization Management Company, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Classy Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Kindful Editions & Modules
- 0-1000 Contacts
- 1001-5000 Contacts
- 5001-15000 Contacts
- 15001-25000 Contacts
- 25001-50000 Contacts