<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.1 out of 100
Based on 121 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Classy is perfect for an organization who likes to create a lot of peer to peer campaigns and sell tickets to an event. I would not recommend it for use as the only event management software for your event but it's a good place to sell tickets and keep registration organized. It is also well suited for a team that lacks a designer because it is so simple to use
Employee in Research & DevelopmentEducation Management Company, 11-50 employees
Well suited scenario: Helping my graduates who aren't very "platform knowledgeable" to effectively download and navigate the app with only verbal directions....and not having to be there in person to do a "hand-over-hand" approach. less appropriate scenario: getting frequent notifications for conversations that I wasn't following or a part of. It would have been nice to delete those discussions so I wouldn't have to scroll through.
- The fundraising website is easy for a nonprofit to set up. You can customize things like colors and logos and the rest of it is taken care of for you.
- Fundraisers (constituents) have a pretty easy time using Classy. The system is pretty straightforward with how you sign up to create a page and then it's pretty easy for users to edit their page and share to fundraise.
- Classy's reporting options are pretty good and allow an organization to view information about fundraisers.
- The app keeps everyone up-to-date with real-time notifications of how participants are viewing presentations, promotions and notices
- It enables exhibitors to view participants, including competitors, before going live in order to ensure equal opportunity and better understanding of how best to operate
- The meeting forums, such as integrated Zoom, were robust enough technology for those with cutting-edge gear as well as those less tech-savvy who might have older components as they worked for all types of hardware.
- The app seemed to capture the "Community" feeling one gets when attending a live show with personal messages, public and private message groups, introductory procedures and an all-inclusive design suitable for any user
- It is pricy. Classy is more expensive than our donor management software but doesn't have the robust donor management tools to replace it.
- Want the ability to allow donors to cover fees in all transactions (currently, Classy only gives the option in some set-ups).
- Missing functionality: cannot automatically issue CE certificates.
- Missing functionality: must generate a large report and filter out to see who has viewed which sessions and for how long. Also, the attendees themselves cannot see what they have or haven't viewed so they are continuously requesting this report, which we have to filter each and every time.
- I worry about the accuracy of the report and when I expressed my issues I was told someone would get back to me, but they never did. I had several attendees who viewed sessions that did not show up on the report.
- Whova has an "Organizer" app where meeting organizers can ask questions and give each other advice. Once I entered the above info, I was immediately blocked from the organizer app and no longer had any access whatsoever.
- Also, we have to create a separate CE certificate for each and every attendee. Very time consuming and we are unsure of the attendance report accuracy. Makes us look incompetent.
- Overall I like Whova but this is currently not a great fit for companies that need to track for continuing education. It is missing key features. We would use it again if we didn't have to track attendees' time and attendance. It falls short on those features and therefore becomes very time consuming. Also, we could not be assured that Whova is working in the direction to have these features in the future.
Account Manager in OtherEducation Management Company, 1-10 employees
Based on 1 answer
VERY easy to use, but lacks flexibility. But very easy to learn and master, even for someone with technical skills. They offer live chat which is a great help for on-demand support. At higher call volumes, you may wait 10 minutes, but I’ve never waited for more than that and the support if 90% of the time very helpful.
Team Lead in Information TechnologyNon-Profit Organization Management Company, 201-500 employees
Based on 6 answers
It has extremely limited customization; it is buggy; it sends stray emails you do not know are being sent and that are not customized, leaving your clients/speakers/moderators confused. The Exhibitor and Sponsor sections are considered separate functions but are similarly set up and have different sub charges. Exhibitors can set up their own pages but Sponsors cannot. Neither can see what their page looks like unless you do it for them. There is no need for these areas to be separate--it's not like my sales team has a different sales rep for sponsor banners and exhibits. These areas need to be combined and they need to have a way to preview their setup. Having the Exhibitor be able to set up their own page is a HUGE benefit, but it's only half-baked in its implementation. It is a HUGE disappointment once you figure out the limitations eliminate the benefit.
Based on 6 answers
Classy has incredible support. They are available by phone and have called me several times to check-in and help me with questions that I had. Their newsletters and articles have been beneficial. They also give resources and how-to guides that we have studied and used throughout the year. We've been grateful for their expertise.
Based on 56 answers
It was a great experience. A last minute change for our organization that has a conference every other year. I was disappointed that the conference was not going to happen this year. Then didn't expect much when it was changed to an online conference. What a surprise. It was great! So much more than I expected.
I have not used or evaluated any other products like Classy. This was the system our nonprofit was using when I was hired. We have found no reason to look to other platforms as Classy has been invaluable to us. We really value Classy, and we are not looking to switch any time soon
Administrative Assistant in OtherNon-Profit Organization Management Company, 1-10 employees
Buzz is difficult. I wish we could use Whova for teaching because it is so simple and mobile! I can't even get my classes uploaded easily on the Buzz platform. Can Whova increase its usages to include online teaching for the K-12 levels? That would be amazing!
Employee in OtherE-Learning Company, 1001-5000 employees
Return on Investment
- Over the past 2 years our organization, events, and programming has grown roughly 135%. Using Classy daily helped us to achieve that.
- The platform has helped us identify ongoing or sporadic supporters that we can engage further with to turn into top supporters.
- I didn't pay to use the technology; was a recipient as a result of attending a conference. HIGH ROI for me as a made a number of new contacts even though I spent the first full day listening to presentations. Having the app allowed me to do the networking I came to do without having to be seated next to the person I wanted to meet.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?