Likelihood to Recommend
ConnectWise is suited well for anybody that meets the following criteria:
- IT Client Base (internal or external clients)
- Needs Ticketing System for tracking time, details, and assets
- Managed Service management
- Billing on monthly agreements
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
Ticket creation and submission
External knowledge base
Internal knowledge base
Help Desk CRM integration
- We particularly like the ticketing system for our help desk, and how it keeps track of billable/non billable hours. This helps at the end of the month for invoicing and for seeing where we may need to tweak our contracts with our clients.
- The Workflows also make my job must easier and tasks that much easier to manage. The automation is great.
- The integration of different application, such as having our help desk calls attached to tickets is an added benefit so that we can better keep track of our time spent with customers.
- There are several functions that require too many clicks. Each time I select an item that opens a progress pop-up, when it is finished you have to select Close Window. I wish it would show the progress and automatically close the window for me.
- Much like my previous entry, I wish I could mark my time entry as Complete without having to select Mark as Done > Select the time to mark as done > Select Save. I would appreciate it if they could move it from 3 clicks to 1. If there are multiple scheduled events, have a second link that says Mark All as Done. That way I could select Mark Done or Mark All as Done. Either way, it is just one click.
- The Invoice Print button appears to take a lot longer than it used to. I don't know what changed, but it takes FOREVER to preview an invoice. I will often select another application to do something else while waiting for the invoice preview to load. This is very anoying.
Likelihood to Renew
ConnectWise Manage 8.6
Based on 22 answers
ConnectWise has uniquely positioned themselves with the Modern Office Suite to have direct integration with a nearly full suite of tools for MSPs. Although each tool may not necessarily be the absolute best tool on the market, the efficiencies leveraged through direct integration make the entire suite an obvious choice for most companies.
ConnectWise Manage 8.0
Based on 15 answers
I have been using ConnectWise since 2004 and I am impressed with the progress they have made. However, there are still bugs that don't work quite like they should. If I were to run reports and get consistent answers along with a couple other annoyances, then I would score CW as a 10
Reliability and Availability
ConnectWise Manage 9.1
Based on 3 answers
The CW PSA is extremely stable and has very little incident of needing reboots or the like.
ConnectWise Manage 8.1
Based on 6 answers
Some tab for certain areas load speeds could be better. Dashboards can load slowly when they reference multiple reports. Some reports can load slowly based on the tables and views they are accessing. At times the SQL queries being performed in the background can actually timeout and a tab or screen will fail to load.
ConnectWise Manage 5.5
Based on 10 answers
ConnectWise Manage 6.3
Based on 7 answers
We are a telecoms company. Whilst CW were very happy to sell us their product and tell us how good it is for telecoms. All the training material is geared towards IT MSP's. The on-line training material was virtually useless. We found the implementation a bit of a joke. They tried telling us 12 hours of implementation time would be sufficient to launch the product. We erred on the side of caution and paid for 24 hours. This was quickly eaten away and we were nowhere near ready to go-live. I find the on-line chat facility is of much more use for us.
ConnectWise Manage 7.0
Based on 2 answers
Thoroughly review the training at ConnectWise University BEFORE starting. Ask questions to other partners - there is a huge community that is more than willing to help. Lastly, I recommend getting ConnectWise Consulting to help - it's a BIG product, and the money you spend on consulting will pay for itself by helping you and your team get off to a running start (in the right direction)
I had looked at Autotask when I was looking for a CRM for IT and at the time it just didn't compare with ConnectWise. ConnectWise had much more features we needed and also their sales team was very helpful in explaining the features and limitations. We were using Commit CRM at the time and it just wasn't cutting it especially with the write up of the service performed.
ConnectWise Manage 8.0
Based on 6 answers
Our business is growing organically at the rate of 25% to 30% per annum. CW is able to cope with the increased data effectively. Obviously as our business grows the reliance on good data, systems and processes becomes even more paramount. CW has had a real positive impact on the way our business operates. We need to look at further automation
Return on Investment
- There is a short learning curve for department users of the product, but there is a very long learning curve for people administering or setting up the product. I would recommend that any one attempting to implement the product take a few weeks to get certified in the product or be formally trained in the product prior to any discussions around implementation. Once setup, there are a number of things you may not be able to change until the fiscal year is up.
- ConnectWise is very good at what it does, but you do need to ensure that the data being entered is accurate and timely. Lackadaisical data entry or delays in getting your data into the system will magnify accuracy issues and lead to difficult to manage backlogs of data entry. Setup a time weekly to ensure your data is entered, reviewed, and approved to be able to fully use each module.
- Document your process, even if it is automated. I found myself in a number of situations where I needed to alter workflow or process to fix a problem, and not only fixed my piece of the problem but generated cascade issues for other departments. Implement a detailed and strict Change Management program and review every change before implementing it, no matter how small.
ConnectWise ManageSee All (5) ConnectWise Manage Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?