Based on 139 reviews and ratings
Conversica and Drift are both AI virtual sales assistant software designed to help salespeople automate processes such as lead qualification and meeting scheduling. Drift and Conversica are both most popular with small to mid-sized businesses, who can leverage sales automation to lessen the workload of their sales team. Conversica is the more popular of the two with larger enterprises, perhaps due to its lead generation features.
Conversica and Drift both include essential AI virtual sales assistant software features such as sales process automation, but they also have a few standout features that set them apart from each other.
Conversica automatically follows up with leads that don’t quite meet the metrics for them to be reached out to by your sales team. This allows businesses to stop potentially interested clients from slipping through the cracks. Conversica can also be easily customized and can use machine learning to better understand the kinds of leads a business is looking for. In addition to generating leads, Conversica can also be used to drive attendance to events such as webinars or conferences.
Drift is a chatbot software that can ask users questions on your site to determine why they are visiting and if they are a potential lead. Additionally, Drift can help direct users to the content they are looking for, or the sales content the organization wants them to see. Businesses that use Drift can map answers from the chatbot right into their CRM or other sales software.
Conversica and Drift can both help businesses qualify leads and store conversation data, but they also have a few limitations that are important to consider.
Conversica is highly customizable when it comes to identifying leads, but has limitations when creating custom emails or messages. In contrast, Drift allows for highly customized messaging. Additionally, Conversica does not create profiles for individual conversations, while Drift stores individual conversation data that can be accessed for future chatbot interactions.
Drift is a highly customizable chatbot that is great at handling leads already on your site, but it doesn’t have the same lead generation tools offered by Conversica. Drift has some limited lead generation features through features like email automation, but they are bare bones compared to other options. Additionally, many customers note that customer service with Drift can be slow and lackluster compared to other software.
Conversica is priced depending on what features are needed by the business. Businesses interested in Conversica can get a quote for whatever set of features they need.
Drift offers a free version with limited chatbot functionality. Beyond the free version, the Essentials package includes lead routing and CRM integrations for $400.00 per month. The Premium package adds marketing automation features and personalized playbooks for $1,500.00 per year. Larger businesses with specific feature needs can reach out to the vendor for a quote on their Enterprise package.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on May 28, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
- Conversica is great at working low level leads and surfacing those that are in fact interested in your product or service.
- Conversica is also useful in weeding out leads that are not strong.
- Since Conversica is sending emails to various prospects, customers and opportunities, it allows sales, account managers, service etc, to focus on other activities, thereby saving time and freeing up resources.
- 24/7/365 site coverage with the AI bot - it’s like cloning your best SDR and having them available to engage buyers across the entire site all of time
- Efficiently qualify and route prospect conversations to connect with the right buyers while avoiding the wrong buyers
- Conversational landing pages are a quick and easy way to create engaging content
- Accelerate top-of-funnel speed with ABM functionality that notifies reps about active prospects and target accounts so they can proactively engage them in real time
- Removes friction by automating the process of booking meetings directly in a rep’s calendar
- The method of standing up campaigns can be a little tedious for administrators because it uses copy/paste of Salesforce Campaign ID instead of just searching for active Salesforce campaigns.
- Understanding the conversation path options that the AI could take is improving greatly, but can still use some improvements for admin awareness when standing up a new conversation.
- Understanding what conversation types exist and how they differ from one another is sometimes difficult to self-serv, but the Conversica team is always very good about helping out explaining these.
- Whenever there have been challenges with the product, the team has always been hungry to fix the issues that we raise.
- In-platform reporting on conversion metrics can be improved. For example, it's not possible to report on business vs non business email capture rate (currently reported by our CSM every week), and to get the most detail about meetings that have been booked, you have to export data and review in Sheets/Excel. Drift responds quickly, and they're already working on this... so by the time you read this review, the reports will probably be fully functional in the platform.
Likelihood to Renew
Return on Investment
- We have found that each conversation type has a different ROI. Some are very hard to report off of, whereas others are easy. this is because some are more built around building awareness of what we offer where they may not purchase it for months down the line.
- Has helped us to save on salaries. If staff were to try to do the same thing our AI Assistant does, it would take them many hours to be as successful.
- Drift has allowed us to capture more MQLs since we started using it.
- Drift has increased customer satisfaction with our services since it enabled real-time support and communication with them.
- Drift has allowed us to spend less time supporting users or replying to user questions, and spend more time on critical business issues, while maintaining the same level of support for our customers.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Conversica Editions & Modules
- per installation