<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.5 out of 100
Based on 52 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
DocSend works really great if you want to send out a doc to a prospect and want to track when they open it and what content they view. The reporting on this works really well and I've been happy with this functionality. Where it falls short is when you're trying to use it for a live demo utilizing the join.me integration. There are a lot of issues when you try to switch your screen and it only works 2/3s the time. I'd prefer an all-in-one solution instead of this Frankenstein model.
Guru is an exceptional tool for any Sales and Customer Success organization. How many times have you gone to a Google Doc, or Confluence page and wondered is this content the most up-to-date, or when was the last time this was edited. Well Guru solves for that and so much more. We have been using this tool on our team for over two years now and each new employee that joins our team says how much they wish this tool had been around at their old job.
- It has an amazing statistics dashboard - making it easy to analyze your documents and come up with game plans tailored to each client/project
- You can turn off deprecated links ensuring clients only have access to up to date information
- If an employee leaves your company or you can easily manage account access from one central place
Executive in CorporateMusic Company, 1-10 employees
- Organization - This is really a two-fold strength. Yes, GURU provides organization for overall knowledge, but the tool itself is also extremely flexible with how that organization can be attained. We, at present, have 6 distinct collections of knowledge for everyone in the company to access with nearly 1200 cards of specialized knowledge which are easy to access and locate. There are still more cards to create and I have no fear that it will clutter and mucky-up GURU to a point where it becomes unwieldy. GURU is designed in such a way to make that difficult to do.
- Chrome Extension - The mere existence of a Chrome extension is bewilderingly amazing. Rather than needing to launch a separate tab in Chrome, the extension offers a mini search bar with top results in about 2 seconds. This makes using GURU too easy. I do not want to increase the amount of tabs I have open in Chrome (Chrome is memory intensive) and I do not have to with this extension.
- Automatic Verification System - It is pretty fantastic that with this high level of organization comes a huge responsibility to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the body of knowledge. The good news is that its automated at your discretion. We have many cards set up to require re-verification every quarter (things change fast in our world) which is extremely helpful. Otherwise, new employees might learn from incorrect information and existing employees may have incorrect information reinforced. With the verification system, we don't have to worry about that
Employee in Research & DevelopmentInternet Company, 201-500 employees
- DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way.
- I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon.
- Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.
- There is no notion of "drafts" (yet). This can be difficult when you want to write something in Guru but you're not necessarily ready to share with the world yet.
- There is no way to add default search filters. As an administrator of the tool, this means I have to choose between restricting the information that certain users may not need on a daily basis or allowing said information to dilute search results simply because it might be useful to them at some point.
- My users occasionally complain of slow performance, and of losing in-progress cards entirely if their browser crashes.
Based on 1 answer
I haven’t used the support as our internal teams do a great job of fixing and supporting our DocSend use.
Account Manager in SalesReal Estate Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 21 answers
I never actually required contacting the Guru support team. That could be because creating new Guru cards or editing existing ones was very intuitive. One issue I did have was that when it came time to export all of the content in Guru it was very difficult and cumbersome so I would recommend making that an easier, cleaner process.
We have chosen DocSend because it has some features that others doesn't have, such as security features monitoring files you have uploaded in it. In addition, you can securely disable the online PDF if you want people to input a password or require an email address before someone could view the file.
Google Drive is an excellent tool for database and large file sharing but very clunky when needed for quick-hits or answers. Guru had come in and knocked it out of the park. Guru has given us the ability to utilize both successfully throughout multiple teams.
Return on Investment
- As a sales person I think having some way to share documents with prospects and track their viewing activity is critical. DocSend has met my needs in this regard.
- DocSend is not an all-in-one demo tool. They lack the audio conferencing and screen share capabilities so they must rely on their partner join.me to provide this. This integration does not work well and has caused a lot of pain on demo calls. For this reason we will be switching back to ClearSlide when our contract is up with DocSend because while it's more expensive than DocSend, it actually works as an all-in-one solution.
- DocSend has helped me identify when my deck is being passed around an organization and being opened up all over the world.
- Our ticket resolution times went from over 8 hours to just over 2 hours.
- We no longer have a continuous conversation between support and developers allowing developers to focus on developing.
- Having the same information across teams has proven helpful too.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?