<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.8 out of 100
Based on 101 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It's very easy to collaborate on the same file with team members and create simple concepts and flowcharts that you can use in the development process. It is also very handy for creating graphs and tables for presentations. Since this is a web application, we can use it anywhere, anytime and on any device; which provides great flexibility and accessibility. It also offers the functionality to save your work as you develop it, which is very helpful.
Professional in MarketingInsurance Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Lucidchart is a great replacement/alternative to Visio. It's excellent for diagrams of all kinds. We use it in a software development organization and it has enabled clear communications for many designs and ideas. That said, it hasn't replaced UI mockup tools for us even though it offers the ability to make such mockups.
- draw.io makes it easy to edit whatever you're mapping out. Whether adding or removing a box, arrow, etc., draw.io automatically auto corrects your map and snaps things back into place. This keeps everything looking clean while you're working.
- draw.io syncs with Google Drive which is awesome for collaboration. When I used other, offline software, I would have to complete whatever I was working on in draw.io, save the file and then add it to my Dropbox or Google Drive. From there, the person I was showing it to would have to download it and was unable to make revisions. draw.io makes it simple to send easy-to-edit in real time drawings to anyone through Google Drive.
- draw.io is super simple to use. The interface is not confusing at all. All you have to do is point and click and the drawing builds itself out.
- It's easy to add text and layer things together.
- Copying and pasting whole sections of your drawing is easy and can save massive amounts of time. All you have to do is create a template once and then you can use it multiple times.
- Allows individuals to further realize engineering issues and collaborate, globally in real time, in order to resolve the issues.
- Allows individuals and teams to define a workflow or process to use for a platform or action. For instance, before selecting an HRIS platform, we used Lucidchart to map out all HRIS processes which made selecting a platform ridiculously simple.
- Lucidchart also allows anyone to easily publish their output so that users, both internally and externally, can view their ideas without needing a license, login or any complicated understanding.
- The mobile aspects of Lucidchart are also fantastic as an individual can create a concept or design and present it to individuals right from their pocket.
- Connecting shapes together in slightly less common ways isn't quite as intuitive and took some effort to figure out.
- It would be nice if the shapes could be auto-positioned and auto-sized accordingly to fit the contents and keep the diagram as neat and tidy as possible.
- I wish I could easier incorporate my companies themes / branding into the platform
- It seems really intuitive as a org chart system but perhaps more tutorials for other use cases?
- Google product suite security is so-so; perhaps Lucidcharts can improve upon it?
Executive in Finance and AccountingInternet Company, 201-500 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 13 answers
No download, no installation approach definitely a huge plus for Lucidchart. However, internet connectivity will affect responsiveness and sometime causing lag in visual update. The abundance of template, easy of use and intuitive user experience help in adaptation for new users as well. However, the requirement of registering first might be a decisive factor for some users for not using it.
Professional in Information TechnologyTelecommunications Company, 1001-5000 employees
Based on 6 answers
The support for draw.io is pretty decent, considering it is a free website. I had a question one time when I was trying to do something, so I sent an email to their support email and got a response fairly quickly with an answer to my question. They also have some excellent support tools on their support website for helping you get more familiar with their program, and I found that very helpful.
Administrator in Information TechnologyEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 31 answers
This is hard to review really because we have never needed support. Anything we have required assistance with has either been covered in the user forum or we have solved oursleves. There are not too many things we have encountered that are too difficult to solve ourselves. Everything is very straight forward
Went with draw.io because it was free, easy to use, and didn't require any training. Very simple. Everything else comes at a price and a procedure to go through our corporate software committee review. This was painless.
We use Lucidchart primarily because it is easier to onboard new users to this program than it is to get them up-to-speed with other tools. It has also been the most cost-effective tool we have used so far
Professional in Research & DevelopmentEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Our organization had a positive ROI migrating to Draw.io with simple cost savings over other products. We saved about 35% on our yearly "workflow, network diagram" software.
- Migration from Gliffy was easy, but did come with some administrative overhead. Our IT team needed to go back through and check most diagrams for errors.
- Our office saves a substantial amount of administrative overhead utilizing some of the templates provided within Draw.io.
- Speeds up the process of preparing presentations. It also really helps gain more insight and allows for changes to be made at will. Regardless of what industry you are in - you could literally use a template/diagram etc - to gain further insight on other industries business models or even analyse a business prospect or potential new client and their strategies. Has saved our organization a lot of time when it comes to creating graphs and illustrations.
- Has tremendously improved our process of gathering requirements, process mapping and documenting business process reengineering. With Lucid chart, any of our Business Analyst can consult with users and customers and within minutes have a detailed diagram of their current process which they can share with our developers and engineering. Editing and making changes is super easy and can be done online by any team member that has access. This has made us more efficient because team members can work from anywhere as long as they have a reliable internet connection
- With this application we can facilitate the work, we have the need to create additional coordination in the production department, with which we will test what is being explored in Lucidchart and submit a proposal of height and that is approved by the meeting. This has streamlined our process and reduced the amount of time it takes in making key decisions.
- In IT, we get a lot of internal questions from different departments asking process related questions about products like Gmail, or whatdata we share with vendors. With Lucidchart I can easily create a flow chart to show the emails and send dates and on top of that, I can hyperlink a shape in the chart and take someone to a sample of the actual vendoe email.
Manager in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 1001-5000 employees
LucidchartSee All (4) Lucidchart Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
draw.io Editions & Modules
|Up to 10 Users||$51|
|Up to 20 Users||$111|
|Up to 50 Users||27.501|
|Up to 75 Users||41.251|
|Up to 100 Users||$551|
|Up to 200 Users||$951|
|Up to 500 Users||152.501|
|Up to 750 Users||$1901|
|Up to 1,000 Users||227.501|
|Up to 2,000 Users||377.501|
|Up to 5,000 Users||827.501|
|Up to 10,000||1,577.501|
- per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Lucidchart Editions & Modules
- per month
- per user/per month