Likelihood to Recommend
Emburse Abacus is well suited for mid-market organizations that are open to - or embrace - the concept of real-time processing of expense transactions. Emburse Abacus takes a radically different approach from other platforms that rely on modeling paper-based monthly (or periodic) expense reports containing multiple expenses submitted simultaneously. Emburse Abacus allows each transaction to be very rapidly processed individually so that approving managers and accounting professionals are able to perform review tasks and identify potential problems throughout the entire month, relieving the massive monthly influx of large numbers of expense reports simultaneously.
Harvest salt or immediate need for a replacement time tracking system that had become out of financial reach. It was a simple solution that everyone in our organization picked up really quickly. For myself at the administrative level, I have had no trouble adding clients, adjusting tasks, migrating tasks and running reports.I am unsure as to the best practices at this time for a particular clients that have very specific price rate associated to very specific roles, it will still list the roles that we do not want in the drop-down menu and I would really like to eliminate that. I do not want room for error or for any particular user to pick the wrong task. It still lists them as non-billable but there are no non-billable hours associated to that client, so we don’t need those at all on the drop down.
Director in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
- User-Friendly Interface: Reviews from our employees (ages ranging from 20s-70s) are all positive in regards to the ease of submitting an expense and getting reimbursement on Abacus
- Timely Reimbursement: After final approval, money hits user accounts within 2 days
- Approval routing: ability to set up multi-tier complex approval routes
- Syncs with Sage Intacct: pushes entries on a day to day basis in to Intacct and it hits our GL accordingly
- Abacus is competitively priced compared to the competition
- Abacus utilizes "by expense" management. Getting rid of expense reports and batch reports (they do have an option where you can batch if need be)
Employee in Finance and AccountingMedical Devices Company, 11-50 employees
- Offers several options on using the tool, for example, you can use the app on your phone, the app for desktop, or simply have the website open.
- The timer integrates with other platforms. For example, our team uses Asana as our project management tool. Now, in real-time, I can know which projects my team is working on and whether we're implementing good time management strategies to meet our goals.
- The summary break downs are wonderful! You can view an individual's hours as well as project hours. There are even notifications you could receive when your team is getting close to reaching the allotted time for a client's project.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to find the item that you're looking for, as there are tabs for time, projects, team, reports etc. and it's not always clear where the item you're looking for will be housed.
- It would be nice if things could be broken out more clearly by department, as sometimes the entire organization will be added to a new project when really only a couple of people should have.
Emburse Abacus 9.1
Based on 18 answers
I have never had to contact Abacus support and have not heard stories from any of my colleagues having to do so either. Our accounting department stresses the ease of Abacus and has not voiced any concerns with the software or the product support team or the product support process.
Strategist in OtherPublic Relations & Communications Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 26 answers
I have not actually had any customer support issues as the product just works for me and I have not needed it. So using that as the basis of making my assessment on support I would reckon the team are pretty responsive and attentive to customer needs. I have only used the solution on Chrome and Android so have no idea what the experience is like on other browsers or phone operating systems.
I have never used anything like Abacus but I can't imagine a product that offers more value than this does. It allows you to categorize the expense, which will show where we are spending the most money as a company. It keeps a great record of past expenses and the status (if one was not approved, you will see where it says "denied", by whom, and there will usually be a reason provided so that you know how to correct it).
Employee in Customer ServiceTelecommunications Company, 501-1000 employees
Harvest is significantly better than Jira. I think Jira's is not originally intended to be used as a time logging/management system, but we had been previously using it as that. It was much clunkier, and many employees had a difficult time using it as a user interface goes.Harvest is much more user friendly and has simplified the daily time-logging process for everyone in our office
Return on Investment
- It is giving reliable services.
- I am happy with its user-friendly services. Since I have issued the virtual and physical cards, I am getting real-time, and end-to-end control over my employee expenses. They can now easily go to visits and this has built their trust too. Further through receipts and expense details, I can easily control the pre-set budgets and easily configure rules to control spending.
- I will also like to praise their customer care team they are very helpful and always ready to assist.
- Harvest has improved our payment schedules. Since we switched, we get paid for projects much sooner.
- Harvest has saved us a ton of time with payroll. We are able to track our users time and pay them appropriately based on their billable hours.
- Harvest is becoming a lifesaver around tax time. The reporting features have allowed us to pull reports for our tax accountant.
Emburse AbacusSee All (6) Emburse Abacus Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Emburse Abacus Editions & Modules
- per active user/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Harvest Editions & Modules